Master replicas Y wing re-paint

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
HI there
25small.jpgI've just joined this forum so am testing out the postings with my recently commissioned Red Jammer y wing re-paint.
I hope you guys like it.

Looks fantastic and more pics are always welcome, I'm sure to now it looks like one of the best I've seen

Always love a great paint job so welcome and please show more of your work

Thanks Guy, Ill try to post some more soon as I cant seem to attach any to this post at the moment, maybe because I'm new to this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah PHArchivist, its not a cheap model to throw paint at, I think they go for about £1500 if you can find one, so fair play for the customer trusting me with his expensive resin.

- - - Updated - - -

Any ideas why I cant attach a picture from my computer, only the url link seems to want to work.

Thanks waynem0, I've been doing this for years, just for myself really and a couple of special clients with awesome collections, I've spent a lot of time making things look a bit thrashed over the years. Thanks for the praise it is much appreciated.

20151219_160926.jpganother angle of the beasty, this was unpainted (or partially painted) on the real ILM model in Elstree. The client wanted the scheme to be completed and not a direct copy of the ILM miniature. There are obviously flaws in the detailing as this isn't a Red Jammer, but as it goes I think the overall look has definitely improved and the feel of the model is now that of a filming miniature. The really shoddy Master replicas paint job made it look like a toy. I've tried to use the correct weathering techniques of the time on this model, loads of paint chipping to reveal the undercoats, a somewhat hap hazard application of the detail "blobs" (just like the ILM model), all paints are automotive and really hard wearing. all hand mixed for colour and shot with an airbrush, no washes whatsoever on this. Its finish is incredibly hard wearing.

Yes, a little tlc and some paint is all it takes for the Master replicas hardware to come alive. If you own one you are a lucky guy, the casting is absolutely superb on the MR stuff. If you ever want it redone, just let me know and ill see what I can do. Thanks for the comments CessnaDriver

here are a few shots of a scratch built gold three y wing I did some years ago. Not screen accurate but taught me a lot about y wing painting, 20160107_142236.jpg

It's nice to see a creative take on studio scale subjects. I like the details you made. Got any more shots of gold three?

20160107_142441.jpg20160107_142135.jpg20160107_142454.jpgthe finished model is 21 inches long, full metal armature. Nose cone was sculpted from wood and covered in plasticard, I know its not true to shape but I liked it the way it was so left it. If you fancy seeing below the skin I have some images of it on one of my albums, feel free to have a look. I had a load of fun greebling this up, kind of overdid it on the pipes, but hey :)

- - - Updated - - -

ap scratch built y wing finished 14.jpgthis is my favourite shot of the model.

Next scratch build will be the new star destroyer from The force awakens. !!!!! anyone got a job lot of battleships they don't want !! :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back