Any update on QMX's Mal's gun?

Grouch

Forgive me if I missed them, I searched the forum and didn't see anything. Are there any updates on when Mal's gun will finally ship? I can't find anything on their blog. Are we looking at the 3rd quarter of 07 now? :confused

I have one on order and I haven't heard anything for a few months. QMX sent out an email back in March I think, in which we were told the new prototype will be seen very soon. I'd kind of like to know what's going on with this item too.

I emailed customer service today and just got a reply. Basically, they copied and pasted the last newsletter. "Old manufacturer couldn't do it. We're fans like you and want onlythe best. New manufacturer. Even though we had a prototype when we sent the newsletter we still don't know when we can ship them. Hope for a revised ship date... uhm... sometime..."

Yeah, this was my christmas present last year from my Mom. At the rate they're going, she's going to get two christmases out of one gift....grrr.

So 3rd quarter now at best! And did they ever get a final, no corrections needed prototype? Whoever guessed Christmas may be more right than they know! :wacko

I believe they got a good prototype and it's just a matter of the new factory cranking them out.

Again, I'm not positive...

That's the thing if these items got shipped out. And we could see some happy customers I know i would be ordering right now myself. But the lack of communication no final prototype photos and firm shipping dates. Is a bit concerning. To date what products have been actually shipped?

As far as I know, they've shipped the Serenity Money Packs, the Dracula Rings and the Serenity blueprints. Everything else... not so much.

As far as I know, they've shipped the Serenity Money Packs, the Dracula Rings and the Serenity blueprints. Everything else... not so much.

Some Abbot and Costello Dracula Rings have shipped, apparently still waiting for the rest of the rings to arrive.

Fingers crossed that the Mal will ship before the UK ban, that's the one item I want from QMX currently.

For someone like me who has been in Asia for business I can understand the troubles for both Qmx and MR. Getting things made and done right overseas looks good on paper because it's cheaper but it takes a lot of watching over. I think Qmx started with an overseas maker and wasted a lot of time. MR has had the same troubles (SW helmets anyone). I think Qmx switched to a USA based maker now so things should go easier. At least that's my take on things.

I think QMX has been using U.S. based makers on the mal gun all along. As for what they have delivered, it has been 1) the money with the infamous folded map, 2) the Serenity Blueprints, 3) a few Dracula Rings with mistaken provenance and besides that.....nadda.

I think QMX has been using U.S. based makers on the mal gun all along. As for what they have delivered, it has been 1) the money with the infamous folded map, 2) the Serenity Blueprints, 3) a few Dracula Rings with mistaken provenance and besides that.....nadda.

They did say the Mal guns were going to be made in the US.

I just received my QMx Mal Gun!!!!!

Oh wait, no I didn't. But I haven't lost faith yet. I've dealt w/ Steve on numerous occasions over many, many years, and he has always come through. This time will be no different. We'll just have waited longer than we expected, which is unfortunate, but worth it if the product lives up to expectations.

Is there a QMx rep that posts on this board?

I want to cancel my order. But only because I decided I prefer Mal's gun from Firefly over the one in Serenity.

Most of the QMXers seem to post now and then but if I'm not misetaken, they've stated that any stuff regarding orders and the like should be handled directly with their customer service. Drop 'em an e-mail- they can take a couple of days to respond sometimes but they do answer.

I've never had a response and I've tried abot five times between when they went live and a few wees ago.

They are pretty quick to post here when they have new product to announce :unsure

October.

But we're still waiting to see the 'specific defence' for Airsoft skirmishers to be written in, I don't know if that will delay it. Doubt it.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back