My kind of BTTF MAG project

I used another sole shape (cheep standard low sneakers) than MAG 2011. It's a little bit larger.
Next week I'll try to post the begining of pics tutorial and templates (some mods of templates I found on RPF and some are made by myself in order to fit my shape of sole)
P.S: I hope you will understand me, I'm not sure about my sentence construction.

I used another sole shape (cheep standard low sneakers) than MAG 2011. It's a little bit larger.
Next week I'll try to post the begining of pics tutorial and templates (some mods of templates I found on RPF and some are made by myself in order to fit my shape of sole)
P.S: I hope you will understand me, I'm not sure about my sentence construction.
No worries. Keep up the good work. What I really like about your shoe is that the lace area is shaped just like the 2011 shoe. Did you use a heat gun for this?

Last edited:
These shoe you made are fantastic! When ever you release your templates and tutorials this may be the only way I can get close to the RD mags

These shoe you made are fantastic! When ever you release your templates and tutorials this may be the only way I can get close to the RD mags
Well if he gives you his specific templates they are altered to fit his sole. If you plan to use V2 or HC soles they need to be fit to those. If you plan to make your own soles like he did the. Just ignore this lol.

Well if he gives you his specific templates they are altered to fit his sole. If you plan to use V2 or HC soles they need to be fit to those. If you plan to make your own soles like he did the. Just ignore this lol.

I think if the 'footprint' is the same, his patterns will work fine. I'm interested because I can make custome rubber parts in flat, glue them up. If is patterns are all originally flat, I can work those to make rubber parts.
For the texture, I was actually thinking taking the imprint off #40 grit sand paper.

Are the HC soles true to size. Because I know the V2s run big. In case these magical V3s come out (probably won't) I want to get some HCs for the soles. I have a scrap pair of V2s for the heel cup since they have a better shape and the words already on there. I will then try to use the methods used by Jewan. Then I will use my cloneprops ankle buckles and cavx's clear soles. I really hope I can get to this project. Something always gets in the way when I try. Fingers crossed.

Are the HC soles true to size. Because I know the V2s run big. In case these magical V3s come out (probably won't) I want to get some HCs for the soles. I have a scrap pair of V2s for the heel cup since they have a better shape and the words already on there. I will then try to use the methods used by Jewan. Then I will use my cloneprops ankle buckles and cavx's clear soles. I really hope I can get to this project. Something always gets in the way when I try. Fingers crossed.

They are the same. The issue is there is a 2nd sticker on each V2 that covers the original size sticker. So under the US9.5 sticker is a US10. That US10 in a V2 will be the same as the HC's US10. If that even makes any sense.

I have heard the HCs now go all the way down to a Men's US5 and up to a US14.

They are the same. The issue is there is a 2nd sticker on each V2 that covers the original size sticker. So under the US9.5 sticker is a US10. That US10 in a V2 will be the same as the HC's US10. If that even makes any sense.

I have heard the HCs now go all the way down to a Men's US5 and up to a US14.
So if I take that rout should I order an 8 or a 7 HC? The V2 8 was kind of big for me.

So if I take that rout should I order an 8 or a 7 HC? The V2 8 was kind of big for me.

It was almost like they marked these as US size but were UK.

If the US8 was too big in a V2, then go for US8 on the HC and you should be OK. Under the US8 sticker of the V2 is a US8.5. I think the 7s might just be too tight.

Tutorial

Step 01: the sole pt1
Patterns files are available here http://www.4shared.com/folder/9feLbSTH/My_kind_of_BTTF_MAG_project.html

You can choose jpg or libreoffice draw files (bezier lines can be modify).
You can download LibreOffice open source
software here: https://www.libreoffice.org/

patterns (soleside and midsole), tools, liquid contact cement and foam slab (thickness 0,7cm= 0,275 inches).
DSC_0862.JPGDSC_0864.JPGDSC_0893.JPGDSC_0869.JPGDSC_0867.JPG

draw and cut
DSC_0871.JPGDSC_0872.JPGDSC_0873.JPGDSC_0874.JPGDSC_0875.JPG

sanding, mark front and back of parts for good alignment and glue.
DSC_0876.JPGDSC_0877.JPGDSC_0878.JPGDSC_0879.JPGDSC_0881.JPGDSC_0882.JPGDSC_0883.JPGDSC_0884.JPGDSC_0885.JPG

Last edited:
Jewan will you release the templates soon ? I would love to make this ! So I can have accurate mags that are close to the real deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
the sole pt2

Cut edges with nail scissors (I did it too much on pics) if you don't have dremel. You can skip this step and sanding directly with dremel tool.
DSC_0888.JPGDSC_0886.JPGDSC_0890.JPGDSC_0891.JPGDSC_0889.JPGDSC_0892.JPG

Smooth edges with dremel and heat it with heat gun (sanding marks becomes smoother). Without dremel use sanding paper big grain for start and small for finish.
DSC_0895.JPGDSC_0900.JPGDSC_0901.JPGDSC_0897.JPGDSC_0904.JPGDSC_0903.JPGDSC_0907.JPG

Careful your hand pressure on sole with dremel tool, scratch and holes risks like on this picture.
DSC_0909.JPG
You can use this kind of tool too (really really careful holes risks is bigger).
DSC_0911.JPG

To the left of this pic sanding and heat gunning; To the right cutting with nail scissors only
DSC_0899.JPG

Last edited:
tell me how can I insert template files (libreoffice files) in the post please. I don't know how do that.

I think it's the same way you insert photos, but I'm not sure play around with like how you insert photos.

- - - Updated - - -

the sole pt2

Cut edges with nail scissors(you can skip this step and sanding directly with dremel tool)
View attachment 571024View attachment 571023View attachment 571026View attachment 571027View attachment 571025View attachment 571028

Smooth edges with dremel and heat it with heat gun (sanding marks becomes smoother)
View attachment 571031View attachment 571034View attachment 571035View attachment 571032View attachment 571037View attachment 571036View attachment 571038

Careful your hand pressure on sole with dremel tool, scratch and holes risks like on this picture.
View attachment 571039
You can use this kind of tool too (really really careful holes risks is bigger).
View attachment 571040

To the left of this pic sanding and heat gunning; To the right cutting with nail scissors only
View attachment 571033
Time to find some foam and make some ! Do I use the foam like foam floor mates ?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back