The Expanse: Props & Found Parts

Some screencaps from the video.

Looks like the back of Miller's is different from the other one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 8.36.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 8.36.19 PM.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 8.36.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 8.36.36 PM.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 8.36.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 8.36.51 PM.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 212
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 8.33.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 8.33.00 PM.jpg
    476.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 8.33.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 8.33.47 PM.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 10.46.56 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 10.46.56 PM.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 211
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 10.46.41 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 10.46.41 PM.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 204
Thank you I started designing based off the non miller one. Including space for more fans to pull heat from under the helmet. The fan does a nice job on the faceplate.
So I have cold dyed with vinegar the hoodie. Came out well but the latex seal on my was a torn dried out mess. the frame didn't accept the dye but I am looking into painting that or just leaving it as it is. BTW the leather dyed perfectly.IMG_4930.JPG The instructions recommend only dying cold any leather.IMG_4929.JPG

You guys are so much further along on the Miller helmet than myself. I have begun disassembly of the helmet and I am awaiting a new 3d printer. I am also completely stumped on the helmet sidelights. I will put in a big push next week and try to catch up.:D

Including space for more fans to pull heat from under the helmet. The fan does a nice job on the faceplate.

Word of warning; if there's no fresh airflow to the helmet, eventually that air blowing around your helmet will turn hot. I have a Boba Fett helmet with two fans aimed towards the visor. Even with the bottom of the helmet open, the air eventually turns warm which is nowhere near as refreshing as cool air. With a helmet that seals up with a zip, I expect the air will get hotter sooner.

It also begs the question; how are you supposed to breathe in these helmets? All sealed up with no air holes, you'd either needs to poke holes somewhere to breathe or add an airflow system. I'm pretty sure the show did the latter, given their use of the Versaflo helmet.

Re: The Expanse: Props & Found Parts

I have air flow coming up from the base of the facemask through a vent from the front of the helmet. The rust part is the air intake.
IMG_4891.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Here are my take on the helmet lights. I found these cool LED lights and didn't want to cover them up.
IMG_4970.JPG

here is the frame for the LEDs

head 2.JPG

more
IMG_4973.JPG
next up bondo paint and burnish metal face to the front chamfer.

- - - Updated - - -

I am adding two fans to the back of the helmet to remove heated air.
Ill be printing this part next.
Part1 Ventplate iso.JPG
Helmet lights are freshly painted Ill add red and blue Tycho accents next then weather the entire helmet once all the parts are installed. Next up wiring.

IMG_4988.JPGIMG_4990.JPGIMG_4989.JPG

Last edited:
Two things; for those looking for a Chiappa Rhino prop, you'll know there's no airsoft version (or at least, an affordable airsoft version). Originally, I was going to buy one of the 3D printed Harley Quinn guns off Etsy and file off all the bling and cut down the barrel, but I found that one of the sellers had a Total Recall Rhino which is the correct 50DS version with an added underbarrel attachment which you can just leave unattached easily enough. You can request a custom order from them since there isn't a listing for it, just be sure to ask for the Total Recall Rhino without the flared grip. I'll post pictures once I have it.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TraywickDesigns/items

Second, I think I've found Miller's hat. It's a Goorin Brothers Guido Delgado fedora in moss green. Same colour, same brim width, same hat pin.

http://store.goorin.com/guido-delgado-felt-fedora-hat

just wanna put it out there if anyone was interested in this, cause I've seen so many ones being sold got it wrong. The scirocco badge Simplified Chinese wordings should say 迎面而來的风暴 (the oncoming storm), most sellers wrote it as 迎而而來的风 (which would translate to roughly "coming now now wind")

backpack is underway.
The UI on the back I am not happy with and am redesigning.
I am painting the back pack black with Blue sides like first season packs the blue matching the Tycho Station blue I am using for the helmet racing stripe.
IMG_5128.JPG

061c4aa20904c9436e705214d28845d8.jpg

IMG_4112.JPG

Now the closest handles I can find are from a John Deer Tractor anyone have any other possible leads? They want $65 for them used. WTF???

Re: The Expanse: Prop Weapons

- - - Updated - - -
Just saw this post passed by unnoticed and I won't allow that XD I fell in love with those stealth spaceships when they kicked the cr*p out of the Donnager. They are so elegant, genuine, compact, and I love that asymmetrical design...it's gorgeous. I am just waiting for a good 3D model (there is one in shapeways, but I'm not sure about that one) and have my own stealth spaceship Anubis on my desk.:love

- - - Updated - - -
Just saw this post passed by unnoticed and I won't allow that XD I fell in love with those stealth spaceships when they kicked the cr*p out of the Donnager. They are so elegant, genuine, compact, and I love that asymmetrical design...it's gorgeous. I am just waiting for a good 3D model (there is one in shapeways, but I'm not sure about that one) and have my own stealth spaceship Anubis on my desk.:love

I would love to model this ship in RHINO 3D - but can't seem to find the time.

I would love to model this ship in RHINO 3D - but can't seem to find the time.

If you find the time to do it, tell us! Because I'm sure I'm not the only one desperate to have that spaceship. The problem with the one in shapeways is in the detail ( not so defined edges, guns not correctly scaled, etc). If I have to study 3d modeling to have my perfect Anubis, I will do it! :)

If you find the time to do it, tell us! Because I'm sure I'm not the only one desperate to have that spaceship. The problem with the one in shapeways is in the detail ( not so defined edges, guns not correctly scaled, etc). If I have to study 3d modeling to have my perfect Anubis, I will do it! :)

I will see what I can do. Summer is pretty busy. Still trying to finish the Martian pistol kit.

Sorry if I'm overlooking it, but are there any good shots of Amos' shotgun/rifle floating around? I know Adam Savage got hands on with it for Tested but I cant find much about it otherwise

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back