Eddie the Eagle (Post-release)

Goonie

Sr Member
or Cool Runnings 2: Electric Boogaloo!

Another underdog story coming out of our Calgary winter games here in 88, this time it's Michael Edwards or better known as Eddie the Eagle.

Looks great. I'm kinda hoping we could get the North American premier here in Calgary, maybe out at Canada Olympic Park. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Eddie the Eagle

I'd forgotten about this movie. Will definitely be seeing this. I was a kid at the time but remember it well, Eddie was the living embodyment of the great British have a go spirit.

Re: Eddie the Eagle

I wish they could've filmed it here, but they deactivated the big jump and they installed a chairlift in the jump bowl. The tower for the big jump is still used for meeting rooms and the zipline. The smaller jumps are still used for training. And... a local group is trying to get the Olympics back here to Calgary.

A clip from 88:

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it tonight. I really liked it despite the fact that it was not filmed here in Calgary. I don't know why they couldn't send a 2nd unit crew here to take some shots of the actual 90 meter jump that Michael Edwards jumped from, and edited in with some CGI. The 90 meter jump is no longer used, but with some camera tricks it could've made an appearance in there. But otherwise, great movie!

DSCN1592%20Medium_zps7nssahmd.jpg

Just picked up the 2nd album for the movie today, "Fly: Songs Inspired by the Film Eddie the Eagle." Highly recommended! A unique album since they got together a number of popular 80s artists and produced new music, but in 80s New Wave style. As a bonus, on the OMD song "Thrill Me", The Eagle and the Wolverine provide the vocals.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back