Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

...oops? I messed up. Clicking through the RPF after a 24-hour shift and I didn't realize which thread I was in and just missed Episode VII/TFA bit. It all just went kinda blended together in the moment.

Apologies all around.

honestly i wasn't thinking, i am not much fan of this youtuber. but a friend of mine linked me and told me the time to watch, i honestly didnt watch the whole thing. so i know you thought this was the episode 8 thread but i should have taken the time and thought this through a little more

no need to apologize buddy its all good :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

If you're referring to the crossguard then yes I've seen some bts footage of Driver using that with the cylinder ends.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hes claiming driver used the Luke hero from RoTJ themed lightsaber during the filming of episode 7?! i haven't heard a single thing about this, he is also bringing up the point again that something is in kylo's hand in the force back vision. many believe they see the rings of lukes hero from RoTJ in this picture

my personal belief is that the light saber is a padawan's from lukes academies saber... early rumors speculated to a scene with the padawans slaughter, we have also seen the lightsabers of the padawan... but then the scene was changed and it was the whole "clan leader, and clan slaughter"

Are we talking about what's in his left hand? I don't think it's Luke's but it's not in the movie, only the trailer.

image.png

I think the shot was reframed so his hand was cut off by the letterbox in the movie and home release or a different shot was used. If we question why that saber was on the table in that behind the scenes footage, I would guess it was used as costume and it was hanging from Luke's belt covered by his robes.

Not this crap again. Hamill has always been very outspoken. He's criticized Lucas and the OT as well. Want to get really fired up about him? Check out his political stuff*. The guy just doesn't hold back in general.

*Political stuff not a discussion for here

Pretty sure someone could put together a clip reel of Mark (and Harrison and Carrie) criticizing the OT as well.

You're missing the point, Coop. Sure, Mark may have some criticisms of the OT, but much of his criticisms in the link above are about TFA's blatant inferiority to the OT. It's clear he has a rather low opinion of Disney's first effort. As do I. His candor is quite refreshing.

The Wook

Not this crap again. Hamill has always been very outspoken. He's criticized Lucas and the OT as well. Want to get really fired up about him? Check out his political stuff*. The guy just doesn't hold back in general.

*Political stuff not a discussion for here

I watched the YouTube clip twice - some of it, I've seen before. There's still little real criticizing, most of it is fun, tongue in cheek and refreshing. Anyone thinking Mark is doing what the YouTube clip's title in inferring is just looking for that type of stuff and reading a whole lot into it. The last piece is misleading as Mark is talking about Transformers for the most part.

I can't really even call his remarks about Luke/Han a critique - or even second guessing. It's a "what if" thing - many of us wish or hope that we could've seen someone again before they passed away... this is a part of the story and something that makes Han and Luke's story more tragic. You don't always get to say goodbye or make amends. I surely understand what Mark is saying here - but, I think even he knows how these things work.

I find Mark's "other stuff" refreshing and mostly spot on.

Last edited:
KrangPrime, you and I agree on a lot and disagree on a some and generally keep things civilized. I'm pretty sure you've got JD blocked, or vice versa, but I'm going to show you what he wrote, rather than restating it verbatim, because he and I reached the same conclusions on that vid -- the opposite of our hairy friend's interpretation...

I watched the YouTube clip twice - some of it, I've seen before. There's still little real criticizing, most of it is fun, tongue in cheek and refreshing. Anyone thinking Mark is doing what the YouTube clip's title in inferring is just looking for that type of stuff and reading a whole lot into it. The last piece is misleading as Mark is talking about Transformers for the most part.

I can't really even call his remarks about Luke/Han a critique - or even second guessing. It's a "what if" thing - many of us wish or hope that we could've seen someone again before they passed away... this is a part of the story and something that makes Han and Luke's story more tragic. You don't always get to say goodbye or make amends. I surely understand what Mark is saying here - but, I think even he knows how these things work.

I find Mark's "other stuff" refreshing and mostly spot on.

It's a fine example of selective editing, from a poster with an obvious anti-new-Star-Wars agenda/viewpoint. You know I'm not a TFA apologist, but I also don't despise it as vehemently as some. I don't gloss over its faults, but neither do I hyperfocus on them.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
@KrangPrime, you and I agree on a lot and disagree on a some and generally keep things civilized. I'm pretty sure you've got JD blocked, or vice versa, but I'm going to show you what he wrote, rather than restating it verbatim, because he and I reached the same conclusions on that vid -- the opposite of our hairy friend's interpretation...

Yep. And as for the part in bold, that's how things SHOULD be. The people who are blocked tend to be over reacting and un reasonable, at least from my point of view..others may vary.. and it's generally saner to avoid contact in order to keep the peace :). Occasionally i will check a blocked persons posts, but they usually don't disappoint :).

It's a fine example of selective editing, from a poster with an obvious anti-new-Star-Wars agenda/viewpoint. You know I'm not a TFA apologist, but I also don't despise it as vehemently as some. I don't gloss over its faults, but neither do I hyperfocus on them.

--Jonah

I for one tend to think that mark is a george fan boy, and is loyal to the old regime. he knows he can't openly criticize something that he basically helped launch...or else he will loose alot of people. I think he says what he wants to say, and then adds 'but that's a joke'... or 'that's just what could be'....to help gloss things over.

mark is one of those rare people who is a fan of the stuff he works on....so he tends to think like we do more than most.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back