Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

Sabine is Clan Wren, House Vizsla. Her folks were probably associated with Death Watch. Bo-Katan Kryze was Satine's sister, and the only member of the family to go with Death Watch. We do not yet know Bo-Katan's fate following the mess on Mandalore with Maul and her becoming the leader of Death Watch after Pre Vizsla's death and helping Obi-Wan escape. Katee Sackhoff said a couple months ago that Bo-Katan will be showing up on Rebels. We don't know in what context. I think there's a connection between Bo-Katan and Sabine, but not direct-familial. It's possible something happened between Obi-Wan and Bo, the result being Rey's mother, but it ain't Sabine.She looks nothing like any of them.

Me, I kinda hope Rey ends up being part Mandalorian. Just 'cause. But we won't know 'til we know.

--Jonah

which to me would make ae little more sense, considering how staunch he is at obeying rules. although in the kenobi book, he would follow those rules to the end and deny himself passion as part of his grief...

I don't feel the rules come into play at all anymore... as he said "I was ONCE a Jedi knight, like your father"

Does not consider himself a Jedi Knight anymore, so why not have some fun with those cantina girls....?

Last edited:
I don't feel the rules come into play at all anymore... as he said "I was ONCE a Jedi knight, like your father"

Does not consider himself a Jedi Knight anymore, so why not have some fun with those cantina girls....

i never thought of that before neo!! man does that complicate things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my mind, the order was dead after 66. Sure, force users still existed, but the church was destroyed along with the rules.

Look at Luke. They kept him in the dark as long as possible to use as a secret weapon for throwing Vader off his game. Then they trained him as a force user, but not really as a Jedi.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Can someone help me out on the Blu Ray releases of The Force Awakens?

As far as I know there are two Blu Ray releases. The recently released Blu Ray, from what I understand, contains slightly different extras than the first disk released last year. This new release can be found here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JURU6WU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1SX9R3ZPUE94B&coliid=I1CEAQINO92383

It says it's 3D, but I am not interested in the 3D version. I just want the new extras on Blu Ray. But I can't tell if this 4 disk set also includes a normal Blu Ray. I don't normally buy movies so am not sure if it's standard practice to include a normal Blue Ray with a 3D release. Anyone have any info on this particular set?

Sean

Last edited:
I've got the 3D special edition. It has a 2D blue ray, a 3D blue ray, a DVD, and an "extras" disk. Don't know what is different between this and the older version. Understand this one has commentary the other one doesn't?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've got the 3D special edition. It has a 2D blue ray, a 3D blue ray, a DVD, and an "extras" disk. Don't know what is different between this and the older version. Understand this one has commentary the other one doesn't?

the 2d bluray has commentary on it? or just the 3d bluray?

So you have the one I linked to?

Sean

As I see it, Kenobi must have some importance in this new trilogy. In the force vision we hear the disembodied voices of Yoda, Luke and Obi Wan, audio pulled from the OT. Yet they had Ewan McGregor record 'these are your first steps'. Surely this one line could have been voiced by Mark Hamill or Frank Oz unless Kenobi is significant to Rey in the ongoing story(?)
.......or just Disny/LFL acknowledging McGregor as the only good part of the PT.

Seen it again today and somehow i think Kylo Ren is just a wuzz. He got trained by Luke but gets his ass kicked hard by Rey who never even held a lightsaber.

Could be flaw in the way luke trained him to wield the saber though.

I realized what it is that I least like about this movie. It's not starkiller base, or the recycled plot, or the rathtars. It's that this era doesn't have distinct 'look'. Like the PT and the OT both had their own very different but very memorable aesthetics. But TFA just doesn't seem to be able to decide what it wants to be. Like it's trying to copy the OT and at the same time be its own thing. Which I suppose makes sense in the galaxy's circumstance. And I understand it would be risky doing something new

Seen it again today and somehow i think Kylo Ren is just a wuzz. He got trained by Luke but gets his ass kicked hard by Rey who never even held a lightsaber.

Could be flaw in the way luke trained him to wield the saber though.

I disagree:

- the film took pains to establish that Rey was an experienced, fierce fighter with a staff; just because she hadn't held a saber before doesn't mean she had no abilities to fight with a melee weapon;

- I think Ren was surprised by her ferocity and skill; he was expecting someone with zero ability just because she was only a scavenger who had never held a saber before (much like you ;))

- Luke held his own against Vader in ESB (for a bit - he landed at least a couple surprise blows) and later, to a greater extent, in ROTJ - and we never saw anyone train him with a lightsaber (we didn't see Yoda do any saber training, and Ben only taught him how to use it to deflect blaster bolts - so we really have no clue how Luke even learned a simply parry); and

- the most important thing - the fight was really meant to demonstrate that power that the Force can give even a relatively-untrained user (especially when that user is all-out angry and flirting with the dark side- again, much like Luke in ROTJ.) That's meant to be the main distinction between Ren's fight with Finn (where Finn quickly got his butt handed to him) and Ren's fight with Rey.

M

I disagree:

- the film took pains to establish that Rey was an experienced, fierce fighter with a staff; just because she hadn't held a saber before doesn't mean she had no abilities to fight with a melee weapon;

- I think Ren was surprised by her ferocity and skill; he was expecting someone with zero ability just because she was only a scavenger who had never held a saber before (much like you ;))

- Luke held his own against Vader in ESB (for a bit - he landed at least a couple surprise blows) and later, to a greater extent, in ROTJ - and we never saw anyone train him with a lightsaber (we didn't see Yoda do any saber training, and Ben only taught him how to use it to deflect blaster bolts - so we really have no clue how Luke even learned a simply parry); and

- the most important thing - the fight was really meant to demonstrate that power that the Force can give even a relatively-untrained user (especially when that user is all-out angry and flirting with the dark side- again, much like Luke in ROTJ.) That's meant to be the main distinction between Ren's fight with Finn (where Finn quickly got his butt handed to him) and Ren's fight with Rey.

M

Also Ren was pretty badly injured from Chewbacca's bowcaster shot.

I disagree:

M

im just being a punk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK6wqpNKdh0

Also Ren was pretty badly injured from Chewbacca's bowcaster shot.

I think this, above all gets forgotten about. They took the time to frequently show the bowcaster's destructive capability that even after a "glancing" hit to the side you should be grievously injured. I think Ren was drawing heavily on the Force just to keep his insides from falling out.

Not to discount Rey's fighting abilities either by the way, she is more experienced than Finn for sure. I agree with the post above about her prowess.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back