Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

Mayhew's double Joonas Suotamo is already signing Chewbacca autographs ...

In fact, I seem to recall reading at the time of the prequels being made that Kenny only got in the suit for one token shot or so in each (prequel) film, so they could justify what was in effect an “honorary” screen credit and not have fans yelling because he wasn’t listed.
Kenny Baker did not even shoot any new scene for ROTS. They reused a shot taken during the production of AOTC.
I dunno where in the movie it is, but Baker himself claims that he can spot where he is.

I've been trying to remember when and where, precisely, to no avail... But I remember sometime between ROTS and the Clone Wars running across that Peter Mayhew had signed a contract through 2020, and a bunch of us got excited at what that might indicate.

--Jonah

Luke_Skywalker_TFA_OSNL_zpsbw8dbgkf.jpg

Mayhew's double Joonas Suotamo is already signing Chewbacca autographs ...

Kenny Baker did not even shoot any new scene for ROTS. They reused a shot taken during the production of AOTC.
I dunno where in the movie it is, but Baker himself claims that he can spot where he is.

i always thought kenny was in R2 when they land on mustafar. right after anikan leaves the landing platform it shows r2 in 2 leg mode with drier vents

DVD trailer and release dates confirmation http://makingstarwars.net/2016/03/s...trailer-released-deleted-scene-footage-shown/

I've got to say the effects shots look even better in this than on the big screen. I do wonder about how many deleted scenes we will get though and I still think from the quantity of footage that was available that we will eventually get an extended version, but probably not long before the release of Ep VIII.

DVD trailer and release dates confirmation http://makingstarwars.net/2016/03/s...trailer-released-deleted-scene-footage-shown/

I've got to say the effects shots look even better in this than on the big screen. I do wonder about how many deleted scenes we will get though and I still think from the quantity of footage that was available that we will eventually get an extended version, but probably not long before the release of Ep VIII.

NO EXTENDED VERSIONS SPECIAL EDITIONS DIRECTOR'S CUTS gggaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to bend people over disney. Per starwars.com, a 3d version will be available later this year so if you want to movie on release and want 3d you will have to double dip.

Way to bend people over disney. Per starwars.com, a 3d version will be available later this year so if you want to movie on release and want 3d you will have to double dip.

Nobody's forcing you to buy it now OR to wait for the 3D version. It's Star Wars...Disney knows they can milk the cash cow until it's dry. If you don't like their business practices vote with your wallet, but don't b!tch about something that you have control over.

So it's Disney's fault people don't have fiscal impulse control?

It kind of is their fault when the do what they can to not inform you of the fact that it'll be available later and if they intentionally delay the 3D release specifically to get people to buy it twice.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back