Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

Then that brings into question if you are an stuck-up elitist. Thinking your opinion is objective scientific fact that is better and rules over everyone elses.

The quality of films is subjective, but only to a point. There are plenty of adult people who, if you gave them two DVDs to watch--Citizen Kane, and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen--and asked them which movie was better, they'd say the latter.

Would you object if I said they had poor taste in films? :lol Crikey, I hope not!

The Wook

I guess Pauline Kael was right about Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back, eh? I get it, you are saying it's an absolute science to whether a film is good or bad.

:lol @ you people who are getting all tore up over how bad this film is-I guess I have poor taste because I liked it and I want more! but you are much poorer with you nose in the air "I'm better then you" nonsense,is that how you live your day? looking for something to point at and say "I'm better then all of you because I hate this"?

Get a damn life,if you don't like it fine say it once or twice and shut up.

[emoji38] @ you people who are getting all tore up over how bad this film is-I guess I have poor taste because I liked it and I want more! but you are much poorer with you nose in the air "I'm better then you" nonsense,is that how you live your day? looking for something to point at and say "I'm better then all of you because I hate this"?

Get a damn life,if you don't like it fine say it once or twice and shut up.
No.

Sent from my butt using tapatalk.

some random thoughts...............

dont remember seeing any fancy wipes from scene to scene?
no fanfare in the begining (no 20th century fox logo either)
glad there wasnt a bad robot logo

You may both think I'm nuts for finding hate, and love, as too strong of words for this movie.

Not at all, Panthera. I may hate it now, because it was such a wasted opportunity to give us something really special. But I think my hate will dissipate with time, to the point where I'll merely be indifferent about the film.

And who knows, maybe it will grow on me slightly. I doubt it, but that would be nice.

The Wook

some random thoughts...............

dont remember seeing any fancy wipes from scene to scene?
no fanfare in the begining (no 20th century fox logo either)
glad there wasnt a bad robot logo

There was wipes. I'd forgotten to look for them but did on the last viewing.

I think it's a given that there was not going to be fanfare or 20th century fox logo and to me they did the most honorable thing they could and just have silence and the Lucasfilm logo. I know in a perfect world they could have payed for the fanfare but we know that ain't gunna happen. Even putting the Bad Robot logo at the very end of the credits was respectful.

I didn't think I would miss the fanfare so much until I didn't hear it,but oh boy did I miss it. Lol. I guess it's a small price to pay for the fact we're getting a Star Wars film every year.

Ben

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back