Destiny Celestial Nighthawk Exotic Hunter Helmet [High Poly build]

boeietoch

I am sharing for the first time a build i'm working on.
Celestial_Nighthawk.JPG
I'ts a replica helmet of the Celestial Nighthawk I aquired game model helmet from there im refining and cleaning up the model.
In the beginning i'll probably build a pepakura model, but once my very own 3D printer(creatbot DX Plus) arrives i'll 3d print this bad puppy.

For now i'm still in the modeling phase
some pictures untill now:
r1.jpgr2.jpgr3.jpgr4.jpgr5.jpgr6.jpgr7.jpg

I made some progress with the modeling
mostly with skinning, but the skinning is primarily fort he placement of the cuts, as i'm making a high poly mesh this wil result in a near perfect in-game copy of the helmet

A few really sloppy low res renders as i am not on my home pc:
r9.jpg
r10.jpg
Because the 3d model of the Celestial Nighthawk only has the mask skinned and not the rest of the helmet i got no good aligned reference shots of the helm details.
So i used the 3d models from the Rustburner 1.5 and Mask of the Third Man models found on destinyDB as they are identical even in their 3d downloaded models.

SKS Props make real awesome props of thi helmet you should take a look! good luck with that! can't wait to see ur final product! :)

I saw that one took a few inspirations but i'm dedicated to make a real game replica, and that one is free hand sculpted and i saw some flaws from the game model(as i have studied the model for a while now).Also it is a mask this is gonna be a Full Helmet(with leds,probably motorized vizor , padding and some air fans).

I've also seen the one from Valor Props and Fred Props is also making one.I guess that's why i'm pushing myself to make it as game accurate as possible
For making it more game accurate i downloaded game model there were no skins with it so i'm creating my own and from that skins i trace the details that are not in the model.

From there i'll be making a pepakura test fit and correct scaling
and then 3d printing it.

The whole process will take some time as i work 5 days a week, in my spare time i'll work on the project and keep this thread updated.

Well it has been a week i made some progress, i found the original texture maps (the ones destinyDB uses with their models) and completed almost all skinning.

Only the game models are not UV-mapped so i had to do it myself, I also made a material node setup in blender so i can customize the colors as you would in game).

Just to show off that i can color the low poly model with skin i made a little Red vs Blue stare off.
rxW.JPG

So from here i'll continue to convert the mesh into more pepakura friendly mesh and for 3d printing i'm converting it into a high poly sculpt.
The skinning really helps me to put in the details that the model itself doesn't have. I use about 70% the skinning and about 30% references i collected.

that's it for now i've been really busy in life as it is holiday season.
when i have the time i'll keep the tread updated.

Anyways happy holidays folks!

Last edited:
I recently finished one myself. Following your tread im always excited to see someone elses take on it. The nighthawk is such an elegant design.

SKS Props make real awesome props of thi helmet you should take a look! good luck with that! can't wait to see ur final product! :)

You're not kidding. His Night Hawk and Mask of the Third Man are both amazing! He has an Etsy store. Check him out.

do you will sharing the file or is for sale ???

I'am still in modeling phase,
but it is a commision so i'm not sure for now

I also would like to make a few more helmets since most of the parts are interchangeable.
i guess when i have more in my library i'll share some files.

for now i'm stuck at some parts but its more topology error coz i have to get rid of some triangles, also work is killing me lately so i haven't got as much time as i would've liked.
i'll trow in a few progress screenshots soon.:D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back