Hand made Carbon Fiber Arkham Origins Suit

LegacyArmory

My previous attempts at a custom suit was decent but now I am ready to take on building a replica of the Arkham Origins Batman suit

I have started with the abs, wrapping them with a carbon fiber vinyl over EVA foam pieces (notice the weave of the fiber is going different ways on the abs)

I will be working on the chest plates next and hopefully I can get this done by next Comic-Con

I am also using this armor in our web series as an upgraded suit, I currently have the cowl, cape, and boots

Here are some pictures
IMG_20151118_143724.jpg
IMG_20151213_000756.jpg
IMG_20151213_004548.jpg
IMG_20151213_154953.jpg

Got the ab plates assembled and they look great, I have to finish the rest of the stomach so I can get a good design down for the chest
IMG_20151215_183927.jpg
The size is dead on from the measurements I took

20151215_181239.jpg
The ab plates are all seperate from each other for easy movement and deters excessive wear and tear during filming

With only a few tries and looking at a highly detailed Batman action figure, I was able to get the pectoral plates cut out and trimmed before I used a heat gun to shape it, the wrap will come tonight and pictures as well
IMG_20160101_165053.jpg

Hello ;) good job Im very jealous because I wont have a batman armor ;) maybe you can help me ? I' looking for a file when a i found a batman armor ......

Hello ;) good job Im very jealous because I wont have a batman armor ;) maybe you can help me ? I' looking for a file when a i found a batman armor ......
Thank you polandman and no files, no pep, no 3d printing. Like i have said above all parts are drawn, traced, cut, trimmed, and assembled by myself.

He is free handing it, no files.

Thanks for stepping in and correcting the guy, I was sleeping lol

That is totally BADASS. Now I'm thinking a new version of my Origins suit is in order. Great work.
Thank you sir, this is my second attempt at a Batman suit and it is going rather well this time. I am honored to be an inspiration for your next project, I will be eagerly looking out for it

Sorry for the delay, working 70 hours a week for the past 3 months has been killer

I now have time to work on my project for a few days
Here is what I have done so far

Finally got the pauldrons wrapped
IMG_20160903_193704.jpg
IMG_20160903_194456.jpg

And started working on the rib cage armor
IMG_20160904_002639.jpg
IMG_20160904_155559.jpg
IMG_20160904_170232.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back