TFA Snowtrooper Ultimate Build!

You are a wizard!! If you ever make another pair... I'm totally in! Or if this ends up just being a rough test pair and you ditch em

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

That's funny because I thought about your build thread today, thinking "it's been a while since the last update, maybe he has posted something new?". Well, I'm not disappointed! Fantastic work... again!

Here's another soft part! The belt utility box/pouch. Used .06 styrene to build the box. covered the box with some fleece then dropped into the outer cover. Still need to work out the belt loop attachment in the back but other than that, it's done! I'm really loving this material!

box1.jpgbox2.jpgbox3.jpgbox5.jpgbox6.jpgbox7.jpg

Here's the actual box/pouch
actual belt box.jpg

Here's the final version of the glove. This pattern is more accurate to the real glove. I added the knitted cuff and also added the little specs using a dark grey thread.

At first, I thought of just dotting it with a sharpie but nah, I wanted a bit more authenticity.

Now, It would be nice if I could make these in less than 4 hours. I think that's about how long it took me for this one. Of course it goes faster each time.

final glove1.jpgfinal glove2.jpgfinal glove3.jpgfinal glove4.jpgfinal glove5.jpgfinal glove6.jpgfinal glove7.jpg

This is the actual glove from the Anaheim exhibit.
glove real.jpg

Here's a soft parts update! Almost finished with the under suit shirt. Just need to cuff the sleeves and bottom. Of course there are no pics of what it looks like under the jacket or chest plate so I took a guess. The only thing I know is that the horizontal quilt pattern does show right above the belt in the center (circled in red from the Anaheim costume) so I did include that. Also shown are the sleeve panels before tracing and cutting the pattern. The shirt is a bit heavy, similar to a leather jacket. When I make the pants, I will use a lighter material for the inside layer.

shirt1.jpgshirt2.jpgshirt3.jpgshirt4.jpgshirt5.jpg

A test fitting with a couple pieces of armor that has been painted.
I have all the decals in vector format now and they're all cut on my
Cameo Silhouette cutter. This was a test piece so the stripe is gloss black
vinyl. the final decals will all be matte black.
shirt6.jpg

Only visible area under the jacket.
shirt6a.jpg

Sleeve panels pre-pattern cut.
sleeve panels.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back