The Legend of Tarzan (Post-release)

Re: The Legend of Tarzan - Official Teaser Trailer

I like it. It looks like they're taking Tarzan back to his roots of a thin veneer of civilization over a savage, primal heart.

Fun fact: The trailer music is the same music from Halo: Forward Unto Dawn when Lasky acts as a decoy to allow Master Chief to get his sneak attack in.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm cautiously optimistic about this movie. I've read every one of Burroughs' Tarzan novels, and can definitively say that none of the movies made to date have even come close, including Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes (1984). I'm not expecting this one to break that pattern, but I'm hoping that it, at least, won't be as ridiculous as most of the Tarzan movies I've seen.

It looks good. Hoping they move away from the kiddy style movie and cater this one to adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't really say much about this yet. But what i can say tho is that they nailed it when it comes to the casting.

Last edited:

Great cast. But not optimistic. Looks like just another grimdark re-imagining of a childrens story.

Great cast. But not optimistic. Looks like just another grimdark re-imagining of a childrens story.

I invite you to go read Edgar Rice Burroughs' original stories. They aren't suited for kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I have to say that I loved the Tarzan Yell in the trailer. That primal, guttural yell is more suited to someone who has lived his entire life in the jungle.

It just reminds me of a remake of Greystoke.

I like it. It looks like they're taking Tarzan back to his roots of a thin veneer of civilization over a savage, primal heart.

Fun fact: The trailer music is the same music from Halo: Forward Unto Dawn when Lasky acts as a decoy to allow Master Chief to get his sneak attack in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHKv7mVm_pk

Ah, so THAT'S where I recognized it from! It was bugging me all day yesterday lol

SB

It just reminds me of a remake of Greystoke.
Greystoke was one of the few movies that was reasonably faithful to Burroughs' first two Tarzan novels, so if this movie had also been based on those novels there would be some similarities. Based on the plot summary that doesn't appear to be the case, but they might have cherry-picked certain elements from the novels for this movie.

I prefer "Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan":

"Ra-zor! Ra-zor!"

"Fam-I-ly!! Fam-I-ly!!"

Yeah, it will be pretty hard to top Greystoke. For me, that's my definitive Tarzan movie.

Just from that trailor, it looks like the swinging is going to be over the top. I didn't really get a good look at the guy playing Tarzan, I hope he is not too buff. I liked that Christopher Lambert was more lithe than bulky.

...I didn't really get a good look at the guy playing Tarzan, I hope he is not too buff. I liked that Christopher Lambert was more lithe than bulky.
Tarzan/John Clayton is played by Alexander Skarsgård. He's more muscular in this than Christopher Lambert was in Greystoke, but still fairly lean; more like a gymnast than a bodybuilder.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back