World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/27/2017

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/2/2016

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing more!

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/2/2016

The Warcraft Orc boots are basically flushed out as far as size and shape. So I'm going to start planning the armor for the top, back and shin. I really want to build all of the armor details at one time so they have a consistent look so this is just the base plates. The top of the foot armor was drawn out on craft foam then transferred to 1/2" eva. I cut it out using my band saw and finished the edges and notches on the back with a Dremel. Once complete it was glued to the boot with Barge cement.

miTleOAh.jpg

AXc6dELh.jpg

jU6yomkh.jpg

hiE608zh.jpg

DNnArOHh.jpg

8o2tCywh.jpg

ckonxJkh.jpg

ADLuwAah.jpg

wPhdoMEh.jpg

DtH6UPhh.jpg

moc1Yofh.jpg

kemaNtfh.jpg

JgVT9Hch.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/4/2016

It all looks great! I especially love the straps. And I think the single stitch looks really sweet, definitely stands out!

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/4/2016

I know that boot, it used to regularly kick my Paladins arse in pvp lol! Awesome build....can`t wait to see how this turns out subed...

Warcraft Orc - Boots/Gloves WIP I was hesitant about putting up a pic of me wearing them at this point because they are a long way from the finished product. But I have had a bunch of people wanting to see how the scale of these will work. Please keep in mind all of the parts are still pretty rough and there will be a ton of fur and additional armor added to both the boots and gloves. I know that they look pretty gigantic here but once the muscle suit and additional armor is added it will level the proportions out.

boots4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/5/2016

Warcraft Orc - Back of the boot armor was made in the same way as the top. Craft foam was used to make a template then cut out of 1/2" EVA foam. Barge cement was applied to attach the armor plate. Additional straps and details were added to give it a look of functionality.

I learned so much from my Dragon Age Inquisitor armor build that I am now getting to use on a grand scale with the Warcraft Orc. You can see the Dragon Age build here http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=219592

2uQJM21h.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/7/2016

Thanks to my buddy Mason I was able to start a duct tape dummy today that will help me build the muscle suit for the upper torso. I still need to retape the cuts and stuff it with Fiberfill.

FSQRGEUh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/13/2016

Warcraft Orc Right hand construction - Once again because there are no pep files or blueprints for this build I am having to size everything based off of the full scale drawing I did on my wall. Like the boots, the hands will have a foam skeleton as the base and will be covered with the foam skin for the leather look. A PVC pipe was cut and installed in the wrist this will be the post I will hold on to. I had to do a little math to scale the back of the hand and start to the fingers

f8DZIzWh.jpg

oBwp4qoh.jpg

zURuCXyh.jpg

4y3DTWSh.jpg

5986T5yh.jpg

C7y9drth.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/14/2016

Warcraft Orc Right hand construction- Using a heat gun the skeleton of the hand is heat formed into a fist( a weapon will be placed in the hand later). All of the edges are cut down with a dremel so that when it's covered with the fake leather foam it will appear more natural. I am really getting a grasp of how big this costume is going to be when complete

MYRI8M2h.jpg

N4e4i5Fh.jpg

o2WOYdVh.jpg

Here is another look at the before and after the fist is covered with the foam skin.

yqh7dVbh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/18/2016

What an absolutely smashing idea :) Looking forward to further progress!

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/18/2016

Warcraft Orc Right Hand "Skinning" - So the hand is primarily an EVA skeleton. I used the same foam skin to cover the hands that was used on the boots. The green craft foam was placed in the fatty parts of the fingers to flesh them out. The hand is positioned int a fist leaving a hole down the center that a future weapon will be placed.

FrW8HGhh.jpg

LDfCvn4h.jpg

uXfepGsh.jpg

H3oSgZMh.jpg

gMPwfS1h.jpg

zUmAn0rh.jpg

YgruSiUh.jpg

NE5FmkOh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/20/2016

Fantastic foam work and super clean lines!!! Will be following the build ! Can't wait for more!!

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/22/2016

Another shot of the muscle suit still under construction. I am so happy with how the proportions are turning out. I was very worried about the arms, gloves and feet looking way over sized to the point of being goofy(well goofier than they already do with Warcraft proportions). Also I can't stress how big this costume really is until you see it in person. Just to show scale my dog is a 80+ pounds black lab and you can see that carnage coffee cup on the floor. I have started the shoulder pads and I can't wait to show those off later next week after I talk about the muscle suit construction.

muscle2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 1/23/2016

With the muscles your hands and feet are looks much more into wow orc proportions.Orcs are not much taller than the other races but they are much more beefy.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back