World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/27/2017

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/22/2016

I am so impressed by the foam sculpting on the face. I'm not sure I have seen anything like that done in this kind of foam before. As I think I said before, I love your paint work. Can't wait to see that process.

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/22/2016

Looks absolutely awesome! The sculpted face looks reeeaaalllly good, insane that it's out of foam! Looks like something that would be clay-sculpted. Excited to see more!

Finally caught up on this thread. Kicking ass and taking numbers! Looking so awesome buddy.

Warcraft Orc Belt - The crest is double layered eva foam and trimmed with the same bevel cut strips that I used on the shoulder pads. The ornamental metal skull is carved from a single block of the same foam I used for the spikes. I had a rough idea of where I wanted to go with it and just went to town with a Dremel. Just like all of the other armor pieces lots of additional details were cut, cast, and added to the sides.

rlsHLGYh.jpg

wm65ylch.jpg

2QFjeFDh.jpg

mid way through carving the skull. I also used a heat tool after this step to gouge out the eyes and nostril but I guess I didn't take a pic of that :(

T96YTzwh.jpg

x97mQEUh.jpg

j6Nsyz3h.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/23/2016

Warcraft Orc Muscle Suit Arms - Here is what you all have been waiting for the start to the skinning process of the muscle suit. I will be honest I was pretty nervous through this entire process because I have never done anything close to this before. And if I messed it up now it could ruin the muscles that have already been created.

My inspiration for this technique came to me months ago when I was watching an episode of How It's Made (love that show) I saw a segment on how to build a mascot and figured I could try and replicate the foam and fleece technique but finish it off with a latex coating.
Here is the video I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AXvp9hlm04

So I have my upholstery foam muscles back on my duct tape dummy. Using 3M 74 spray adhesive I spray a thin line on the outside of the arm and on the green fleece. Once the fleece has been stretched across the arm the seam will be on the inside. Plus all of the cloth will still be covered by latex so you shouldn't even see a seam. Fleece is very stretchy in one direction so I slowly moved around the arm making sure that it go into all of the crevasses to define the muscles. When I had the fleece completely wrapped around I used barge cement to finish off the edges.

The color green was just picked so I could see the muscle groups easier and so that people would understand what I was going for. The color could have been bright pink, my daughters would have loved that. All of this will be covered with latex and repainted to a more desirable green skin color anyway. Skinning the chest and back steps tomorrow.....

Ou4PsiUh.jpg

679ly9Rh.jpg

2246Zagh.jpg

cX1Bg23h.jpg

CZI2aZXh.jpg

LbyEwaNh.jpg

6bJTOtyh.jpg

18ozMVIh.jpg

A little before and after.

6Wws8jkh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/24/2016

blown away...amazing work

you must be proud of yourself...i know i would be.

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/24/2016

Hang on whilst I pick my jaw up off of the floor.

Wish I had the room to even attempt something like this

Warcraft Orc Muscle Suit - The chest was covered in the same fashion as the arms. I sprayed adhesive in the center of the chest and worked my way out. When I go to the edges I trimmed both sides as mush as possible to leave a minimal seam and Barged the excess material down. The back was covered as well I just had to be mindful of the zipper that was installed. Once the armor is on you can see that a lot of the shoulders and forearms will be covered by plates and gloves. A tabard will also be sewn together to cover much of the chest and back. But if I didn't do the muscles right underneath all of this it would still look funny. I am a stickler for correct proportions and details :)

n24u4cwh.jpg

2qIFhrjh.jpg

WfkAntNh.jpg

z4CylZXh.jpg

90JTUoUh.jpg

Warcraft Orc Muscle Suit - The chest was covered in the same fashion as the arms. I sprayed adhesive in the center of the chest and worked my way out. When I go to the edges I trimmed both sides as mush as possible to leave a minimal seam and Barged the excess material down. The back was covered as well I just had to be mindful of the zipper that was installed. Once the armor is on you can see that a lot of the shoulders and forearms will be covered by plates and gloves. A tabard will also be sewn together to cover much of the chest and back. But if I didn't do the muscles right underneath all of this it would still look funny. I am a stickler for correct proportions and details :)

http://i.imgur.com/n24u4cwh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2qIFhrjh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WfkAntNh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/z4CylZXh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/90JTUoUh.jpg
Did any of the adhesive seep through the cloth when you applied it?

Sent from my Note 5 via TapaTalk

Grodd build: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?p=3914756

www.facebook.com/gorillagroddcosplay

Did any of the adhesive seep through the cloth when you applied it?

No the 74 spray is pretty thick and stays on the surface. The barge did a little on the edges but not enough that a lot was wasted in the process

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/25/2016

Can't say enough about this build!! You are a true talent!!! Hats off bud!!! beautiful craftmanship!!!

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/25/2016

Warcraft Orc Muscle Suit - While all of the glue was drying I worked on filling out the face some more. I know it's hard to tell from these pics but I will be detailing all of the face steps next week

ZzZxcKTh.jpg

DNigWaPh.jpg

wvoapBsh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/26/2016

You may have talked about this before but what style are you going to be going for with the paint? Something stylized in the vein of WoW in-game models?

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/26/2016

You may have talked about this before but what style are you going to be going for with the paint? Something stylized in the vein of WoW in-game models?

Actually I am going to go for a more dark green/olive look like some of the original concept art. Probably not as brash and vibrant as green in the game. And I really want to try and make the skin look real with lots of flecking and spattering, I do not want this guy to look like a cartoon. I think I can pull that off with a good paint job.

Rad, I do dig your more stylized paintwork but excited to see something different as well.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back