World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/27/2017

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/5/2016

Looking great!! Love how it's turning out. For the texture on the horns, were you following any reference or were you just winging it? They look sick!

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/5/2016

Looking great!! Love how it's turning out. For the texture on the horns, were you following any reference or were you just winging it? They look sick!

Winging it :) That is why I love making non specific characters sometimes. I can add a whole bunch of different details that may not be on the original character.

Warcraft Orc Forearm Armor - Stepping back a little bit to cover the 3 forearm armor plates. These were constructed using 2 sheets of 1/2" eva sandwiched together and cut to shape. The trim was added using the same technique as the shoulder pads. The Horde symbol was freehand cut from 3mm craft foam. I still have the spike molds from my daughters How to Train your Dragon costume so I put them to use again for some additional details. Small spikes were carved from the 3" foam blocks just like the larger ones for the shoulder pads. The right glove with armor is now approx 24" long

8bzBfhjh.jpg

HdOwakPh.jpg

z8FLLAEh.jpg

hehij3Yh.jpg

mHboFXCh.jpg

qHFurKHh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/9/2016

Dude. I will be watching this thread for SURE. Looks amazing so far! Horde logo and everything! Hell yeah!

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/9/2016

Though I thought the horde logo was asymmetric ;) even so, it's amazing! And it also makes me realise how out-of-proportion the male orcs are. Or rather, how human the female orcs are...

This is influencing my Gorilla Grodd costume for this year.....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Though I thought the horde logo was asymmetric ;) even so, it's amazing! And it also makes me realize how out-of-proportion the male orcs are. Or rather, how human the female orcs are...

I've seen it both ways. But........this pic was actually taken 3 weeks ago and since then I did cut the left side to make it the asymmetrical version :)

Hahaha yeah. It's unmistakably the horde logo anyway. Lok'tar Ogar my friend!

Warcraft Orc Boots - The boots (aka alliance stompers) were put on hold a while back so that the majority of the armor could be done at the same time to keep a unified look. I like the way the shoulder pads and arm have turned out so it's time to revisit the boots. The shin guards were constructed in the same was as the arm armor. The only difference being the curve in the design for ankle movement. The knee guards were cut and glue onto the shin guard. I have to leave room for the additional padding and fur at the top of the boot.

flI7i1ah.jpg

OG8KH7Ih.jpg

bAJMWl3h.jpg

hEVw1uwh.jpg

Osqamilh.jpg

jAI8YTHh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/10/2016

Your work on this so far is truly stunning! Can't wait to see more progress! This one I've GOT to see in person some day! I'll arm wrestle ya in my Terran Marine suit! ;)

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/10/2016

did you try walking with everything on yet? Video perhaps?

did you try walking with everything on yet? Video perhaps?

I've been walking all over my house and I promise that I will get some videos uploaded at some point

- - - Updated - - -

Warcraft Orc teaser!! I couldn't help but post this on my Facebook so I'll post it here too! I started skinning the muscle suit today with fantastic results. Still lots to do but I'll post updates next week.

zIGStRPh.jpg

Attachments

• skin.jpg
    skin.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 375
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/11/2016

That looks fantastic! How are you skinning it? With something akin to spandex?

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/11/2016

I was thinking few weeks ago to make a 40K Warhammer Ork, and thanks to you, your step by step will be very helpful!!That's some very awesome costume and I can't wait to see the result!!!!!

This is looking very cool dude.

Thanks man! I love how you and I are basically tackling the same type of project but in two completely different ways. Every time I log on I can't wait to see another update from you :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back