World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/27/2017

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/15/2016

WOW!
Every time I log in and check this build it just gets better and better. Your use of foam and texture is just perfect!

The painting and shading is really well done! I love the depth you are able to achieve. Nothing sells a build like layers of color and shading to bring out the "real" look of fantastic creatures like this!

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/15/2016

Warcraft Orc Shield - Back to the shield. Now that the form is built I had to think about how the shield would attach to the forearm. I really wanted everything to look like it had a purpose so I drew up a way to have chains loop over the arm to secure it to the shield. I took some 5mm craft foam to simulate leather straps and added more D rings. It may not look like much here but I will say the final version with the chains wrapped around his arm looks amazing.

jnZyz0sh.jpg

5NCqhEOh.jpg

xDvPUPph.jpg

2l5XqBIh.jpg

3Zb9xdph.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/16/2016

Man this is lookin sweet. Sorry I haven't checked in in a while I'm trying to blind myself punching in Grommash's razor stubble. How do they shave anyway?

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/17/2016

This is such a great build, and man an awesome paintjob on the armour too! Really does the build justice

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/17/2016

I'm just gonna have to pitch in and say this is by far the nicest looking foam build I have ever seen in my life. The craftsmanship that went into this is nothing short of awe-inspiring. You sir, are a true artist.

The video is so cool. You need to post some pics of that paint up. You shouldn't hold out on us it is not nice.

Ok I just watched it a couple more times. It is sad that the armor covers so much of the muscle suit. I know it's just how it is. Bad to the bone dude. I 'm stalled out on punching beard hair. watching this makes me move faster on mine though.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright when we get these done we need to storm a cosplay somewhere.

I saw awhile back you mentioned you get your foam from a local foam shop in KC--Where do you get your stuff? I live there too and never knew there was any place like that. I've only ever tried to work with the puzzle piece mats and it makes life difficult when building up to a thickness past a certain point.

I've watched the video several times and shared it with friends. Gorgeous work. Came out better than I expected and I had high expectations based on your previous work. Moves really well too. I expected somewhat more stilted awkward movement based on similar bulky builds I have seen of other characters. Very impressed.

Can't wait to see the photos of the paint work and especially can't wait to see the helmet and face.

Absolutely outstanding work all around! I've been following your work on instagram for some time now and this is easily my favorite from you so far. One of the best cosplays I've ever seen.

You seriously perfected that lumbering orc movement! It looks like you aren't inhibited by the armour or suit at all. Outstanding!

Amazing work! You've made St. Paddy's Day a success - I am green with envy!

Ha!

- - - Updated - - -

I saw awhile back you mentioned you get your foam from a local foam shop in KC--Where do you get your stuff? I live there too and never knew there was any place like that. I've only ever tried to work with the puzzle piece mats and it makes life difficult when building up to a thickness past a certain point.

AM Foam

This is the greatest costume I have ever seen man. My only thing, now that I have seen it live, is maybe getting rid of the red fabric around the midsection? I feel like it takes away from the muscle suit you built for the body. Seriously though, its stunning. The paint looks glorious! I'm out of words. So awesome.

So for those that didn't hear about the contest Saturday Night.
The Orc won 1st in the Video Games category, 1st overall in the C2E2 regional show, and placed 3rd in the world.

The support from the audience, people at the show, and online was outstanding!!!

FOR THE HORDE!!!!!

I will be continuing this build thread through the rest of the painting and finishing processes starting tomorrow.

VDz682Zh.jpg

LMrjLB2h.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back