Veektohr's Half-builds & The Occasional Finished One - Zombie MGCs

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Weird Booster Thingy?)

It could definitely be a tool, as I bought it with a bunch of other maintenance tools and bibs 'n' bobs.

PerjK2Z.jpg

UQI5Iqu.jpg

zDmIhY1.jpg

At the very least I've got a cool new toolbox!

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Weird Booster Thingy?)

Got some packages today. Nothing too exciting, but my dog doesn't seem too impressed, so I thought I'd share with people who'd understand :)

LpZTYso.jpg

This booster cap isn't the right one, obviously, but I love it all the same... even though it's basically committed me to obsessively hunting down yet another impossible part. Maybe I'll just make a snub-nosed DL44 with it.

And that RR Derwent model came.

iEmbW0y.jpg

Look at all those cute little flame tubes dancing around. Let it be known that site is legit. Took a couple weeks to get here, but it's a slick little kit. Alright back to the booster hunt.

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (MG81 stuff & a tiny engine)

that booster cap is nuts! If you ever feel like casting it, I bet someone could make a metal cone and turn it into a resin FH!

I like that half flash hider, its the harder half to make. If you had the con part could you make it a flash hider? Is there a hole in the top?

Flash-Bashes and Blasters (MG81 stuff & a tiny engine)

I like that half flash hider, its the harder half to make. If you had the con part could you make it a flash hider? Is there a hole in the top?

Yeah, there's a hole. The cap is what holds the recoil booster against the barrel shroud. The flash hider is the same thing just with the vented cone, too.

So close, yet so far...

Yeah, there's a hole. The cap is what holds the recoil booster against the barrel shroud. The flash hider is the same thing just with the vented cone, too.

So close, yet so far...

Nice score.

I came across several of these over the years, but none in that exceptionally good condition!

My correct MG81 fh was in desperate need of some de-rusting, blueing and oiling before it was halfway presentable

Staring at yours is what finally got under my skin to the point of starting this crazy search in the first place :)

This one and the shroud it came with are in great shape, but I think there's a chance they could have been refinished (there are some dents and dings on the shroud). Interestingly they aren't blued, but have a black oxide coating instead.

Did you happen to get my PM the other day?

Nice score.

I came across several of these over the years, but none in that exceptionally good condition!

My correct MG81 fh was in desperate need of some de-rusting, blueing and oiling before it was halfway presentable

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Obi Saber Upgrayyyydez)

Okay ... so you'd still need to saw a part of the flash hider yet with all rings still attached and then it will be covered entirely with the G R A F L E X clamp???

Chaïm

Am I correct to I understand that if you should have left all the rings of the flash hider intact and then attached it inside the back-end of the grenade ... the G R A F L E X clamp will still cover the complete bearing + flash hider inside?

Chaïm

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Obi Saber Upgrayyyydez)

Yeah, I think what they were saying was that you have to saw the bell after the ribbed section of the FH. Tom's build thread shows how he did it, although he said he could have left one extra ring on his. It's definitely an intriguing concept!

It's heartbreaking that the original is lost to history : /

Who knows, maybe the grenade has made it back into circulation and one of us will unwittingly pick it up for our builds :)

Okay ... so you'd still need to saw a part of the flash hider yet with all rings still attached and then it will be covered entirely with the G R A F L E X clamp???

Chaïm

Not much to report, but I took that coupler Tom gave me and used it to attach my AS tap with a carriage bolt. While I was at the hardware store I actually found differently threaded carriage bolt whose square lug fits perfectly into the tap. It wouldn't fit Tom's coupler but I'll have to be on the lookout for one that will. Still, the current system is pretty rock solid. Just had to trim the rod. I used some super blue to have it blend in a little better with the emitter.

DO1nwgv.jpg

rzudA79.jpg

I also got that tool kit in the mail... sadly the mystery part was indeed just another tool and not a cool mystery booster.

pXcXkeA.jpg

N6z248N.jpg

Big ol' sad face. Anyhow, time to end on a high note.

14GMy0j.jpg

Not much to report, but I took that coupler Tom gave me and used it to attach my AS tap with a carriage bolt. While I was at the hardware store I actually found differently threaded carriage bolt whose square lug fits perfectly into the tap. It wouldn't fit Tom's coupler but I'll have to be on the lookout for one that will. Still, the current system is pretty rock solid. Just had to trim the rod.

I found my 1/4 20 carriage bolt at Home Depot and it fits the coupler perfectly... let me know if you can't find one and I can probably swing by and pick one up for you...

I found my 1/4 20 carriage bolt at Home Depot and it fits the coupler perfectly... let me know if you can't find one and I can probably swing by and pick one up for you...

I found a 1/4 20 actually and it's working great. There was also a 5/8 16 (I think) there with a square lug that fit perfectly into the square hole on the tap, though, which satisfies my OCD in a big way. Just gotta find another coupler that will attach to the rod.

I'll keep you posted, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back