Toronto group meet-up

Well my groups first meeting is this Sunday 3:30pm at Grillies on the Danforth at Main. Not a big turnout but that can change in the future...GM

Dude! You should have sent me a PM, just seeing this now! :lol

I work on Sundays but if you have one on a day I'm available I'm in. :thumbsup

Where did you do the gathering of people? Did I miss the invite?
All is invited, right now there is 4 or guys coming who are quite new to the prop building community...GM

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Mike I too am working. It's at 2632 Danforth Ave. At Main stn across from Canadian tire. The place is called Grilles at 3:30 pm January 31st that's this Sunday...GM

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping that this can be a once a month thing. I'll have to co ordinate a better time in the future...GM

OK so this is how it went down. I have absolutely no friends who are interested in this craft. So it tends to get frustrating for me to have no one to share my enthusiasm about an idea. I have been here since 2012 and I would guess that some may see me as a hack, and that's OK. I am fine with that label for now. I am not an auditory nor am I a literary learner so this is a problem for me. Visual learner only, so after racking my head I thought that I would find friends and we would be able to talk shop, maybe even work on a project together. So I took out an ad in kijiji and the rest is history. I am hoping that by doing this, I would meet like minded folks who want to build and we could learn as a group. Kinda pathetic, taking out an ad but hey I don't really know anyone else. Yes I go to the prop party, but these guys have killer skills and asking anyone to meet up for a actual conversation about props or even trying to let someone allow me to watch them work, we'll no one is going to do that. 2 years ago I offered my services here , titled free labour in the GTA. That garnered no attention, so I took an ad out. But hey it's working. So if anyone would like to show up, please you are very welcome to join in and thanks...GM

Had the meeting today, 5 guys showed up. It was surprisingly informative, chatting about what we would like to achieve from the group. Looking to have another meeting next month, closer to the 401 and on a Saturday as well. Attention Mike Bergeron Saturday meeting in the works. Late afternoon early evening maybe. Anyhow I walked away refreshed and recharged, very excited...GM

Awesome. :)

Hopefully I'm free. And you're no hack, when I start work on my jeep I'll hit you up to come over and work on it with me. Should be fun. :)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back