Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix)

Re: Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix Series)

I'm almost as sick of superheros as I am of zombies.

I love Iron Fist! Daredevil was good, Jessica Jones was great so Iron Fist and Luke Cage have to be awesome

im in always loved the comic .
and it was the first to tackle hard issues remember the now famous drug overdose issue?
hope the series lives up to the comic .

I was hoping they'd take the opportunity to go Asian with the casting but it's not a deal breaker for me. (Yes. I know he's white in the comics)

The main question is, can they make him move like a disciplined martial arts master?

Going Asian with the character is a whole other can of worms culturally, falling into the "all Asian men are martial arts masters" trope. It's a damned if they do and damned if they don't situation, IMO.

I think that Finn will be fine in the role and look forward to seeing what he can do with it.

I was hoping they'd take the opportunity to go Asian with the casting but it's not a deal breaker for me. (Yes. I know he's white in the comics)

The main question is, can they make him move like a disciplined martial arts master?

I mean, they took Charlie Cox and made him into a martial arts badass on Daredevil. I don't see why they couldn't do the same with Finn.

I mean, they took Charlie Cox and made him into a martial arts badass on Daredevil. I don't see why they couldn't do the same with Finn.
DD is a brawler. That's a little easier to portray.
You're talking to a discerning fan of Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Tony Jaa, Iko Uwas, Yuen Bao, Gordon Liu and others.
I trust they want to make him at least convincing as a martial artist. Marvel hasn't let me down yet with fight choreography. I just don't want another David Carridine - who I like tremendously but, his role in Kung Fu demanded a good dose of suspended disbelief.

Then again Iron Fist wears a mask. They can put anyone as his double.

I got no problem with the casting choice, now hurry up and get the show on the air :lol

I do enjoy how each of the "defenders" trailers have the same feel as the original Daredevil show. So they are staying consistent with the tone which is really good and I imagine a very difficult thing to do story wise and filming wise.

This is just enough to see. I do however think they should have gone into the door punch with a little more mystery/show something weird (which I assume it will be once they start showing Chi and such?) because people are so saturated with simple "blowing a door off its hinges" now that they won't even be intrigued by how he can do that. The curiosity factor will be in the monks that were shown I suppose.

Looking really good...

fist.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was also hoping in that panel they'd have the dates for Defenders and JJ S2.

But loving Luke Cage so far - loved DD and JJ, so bring on Iron fist! Looks just as good :)

REALLY looking forward to this.

Surprised to see a bearded Loras Tyrell in this role, but I think it actually fits. You don't want a guy who's hugely musclebound. He needs to be a much more lithe fighter. And different from DD in that respect, too.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back