Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix)

OH! I get it!!! I was confused for a while but I get it now!!!
It's a RACE! The CW and Netflix are racing to see who can make the most superhero shows in the shortest amount of time and we're forced to watch!!!
It all make sense now!

That's EXACTLY how I'd describe it!

And they'll make you listen to Ludwig Van while it all happens!
Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense. As I slooshied I knew such lovely pictures.

I was pretty upset to find The CW has been removed from Hulu. Apparently CW shows (Arrow and Flash) will be available on Netflix 8 days after the season finale

This looks pretty awesome. I loved Daredevil and I'm really enjoying Jessica Jones so I'm really looking forward to more Marvel goodness. I also like that Rosario Dawson is going to be in Iron Fist, it's a nice way to tie all of the shows together like Jessica Jones did with having Carrie Ann Moss as a recurring character.

Hopefully, when the Defenders form Daredevil will train a bit with Iron Fist, as good as Daredevil is against your average street thug he really sucks against other trained fighters. Every time he goes against anybody with real hand to hand combat training he struggles at best, and at worse he gets beat to within an inch of his life. If he's smart, he'll spar some with Iron Fist to build up his skills so that he does better against trained fighters.

I wish they would do the heroes for hire storyline and leave them realitivly separate for a few more seasons, aside a few cross over episodes . then segway into the defenders .

There's aplenty o story to tell no reason to rush it !

The bar is set high for this one.

He's one of my favorite guys from the 1970's.

Here's one of my prized possessions. Original artwork from Neal Adams.

8275766E-5741-4171-8482-559B88909043_zpspkjnww6x.jpg

As far as I know that's all for the Netflix Defenders so far.
In my day the Defenders was the Hulk, Submariner, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Valkyrie, Nighthawk, Silver Surfer, Daredevil ...

... actually a really unbalanced crew, powerwise.

To be honest I'm a little underwhelmed. The girl doesn't seem particularly adept beyond the typical Hollywood fight choreography where a little girl "kung-fu"s a bunch of big brawlers. Of all the Netflix shows this one should have the strongest fight choreography. So far I'm not feeling it.

I'm hoping her character is better written and acted than what I'm seeing here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good show, but the martial arts are horrible. Even my wife,who never pays attention to that aspect of shows thinks it's bad.

We watched the first several episodes last night. Man, did that "let's make people think he's just some nutjob" storyline outstay its welcome... Through the conversation with the doctor while Danny was trying to explain where he'd been, I was like "DUDE! This is a world where the Hulk has torn up a not-insignificant chunk of New York, Thor is widely known to be around, and there was a freaking ALIEN INVASION! Why is this guy's story so hard to even consider?!"

Love David Wenham's character. He's really selling his part in this thing. I also squee'd when
Claire
showed up.

As for the fight choreography.... Yeah, it's... well, it's not good. Finn Jones seems to lack the precision that you usually see in a highly-trained martial artist and he just seems awkward and uncomfortable in the first couple episodes. Now... I will say that that might have been intentional, because after the first time he uses the Iron Fist on purpose, it does seem to get better. We shall see.

I watched the first two last night and I don't know...it just didn't really "grab" me I guess. The other three Marvel Netflix shows had my attention right out of the gate, but this one just didn't. I will probably end up finishing it, but it's going to take me some time...no binge watching of this for me.

I had the opposite reaction. Whereas I really didn't care for Jessica Jones or Luke Cage as much, the first couple of episodes of this were much more interesting to me. Yes, the whole hospital thing was just filler, my wife said "now we know how they pad this thing out", but so far, I'm really digging it. Still, I wonder why all of these shows have been pale in comparison to the first season of Daredevil.

I figured out why it hasn't grabbed me...it feels very generic.

Daredevil was great because of its tone and it's departure from the "fun" in all the other Marvel properties...it was brutal, violent, and fresh.

Jessica Jones evoked noir detective pieces, which made it unique...it had its own style.

Luke Cage seemed to take inspiration from (I think they're called?) "blacksploitation" films like "Shaft," and "Foxy Brown." It was different because of that, and it gave it its own feel.

Iron Fist, on the other hand, seems just derivative...I had hoped it would feel like old Kung-Fu films, but it just feels like a cross between Daredevil and CW's Arrow. It seems like it's lacking an identity, and because of that it doesn't have a unique feel to it at all, to me.

Ive now watched three of them and I'm not really sure I'll end up finishing it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back