A novices Deagostini Falcon

So annoyed with Deagostini at the moment.
I've been missing issues 43,44 and 46 for months now.
Keep phoning customer service to be told that they are out of stock. Then last month they told me that they were in stock and they would send me them free of charge with my next delivery. Great!!!
This month's package arrived yesterday and still no missing issues.
And to make matters worse they have skipped issues again, so now I have more parts that I have no need of yet.
I haven't phoned them yet coz I'm too pi$$ed off to deal with them.
So my build has totally stagnated.

Sorry for the rant!

I am subscribed to the millennium Falcon model build and they are out of stock on one of the months parts. They are shipping this months parts but I can't do anything with them until I receive the missing parts that are on back order. I emailed them numerous times and they always get back to me. At least the line of communication is good with them. It doesn't help me with my build right now but I know what is going on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking great...sorry to hear your still missing issues!!! They usually sort it out quick when lve emailed them on the Deago MF site...

Yeah they got back to me quickly when I emailed them but now those issues are out of stock. They are all the ones I need to complete the lower saucer, so I have stalled. My plan was to complete that then paint all the base colours but leave weathering until the whole Falcon was completed.
I've now got parts for half the top saucer but with a large gap.
Hope I get them soon.

Just got a great score off ebay.
Decided I'm going to redo the cockpit and light it using the Paragrafix photo etch set. Thought I'd get some lighting supplies in so was checking eBay for led light strip.
Just by chance an auction only had a few minutes to run with no bidders.
So I've just bought 5m of trimable strip for 99p
Result!!!

Started to do a little painting.
Still missing parts for the underside so I painted the upper maintenance bays.
0v9c5sx.jpg

QP0aj2j.jpg

UYrmBlN.jpg

Fairly happy how they came out.

Last edited:
Started sorting out the cockpit lighting.
Waiting on some fibre optic cable that I should hopefully recieve on Monday, fo a few flashing lights.
This is some Led strip I've fitted to light up the Paragrafix cockpit tunnel.
6v so it runs off the supplied board.
DSC_1069.jpg

DSC_1068.jpg

Got my cockpit lighting sorted, colour changing flashing Led for a few lights and a white flasher for some others. All run off the standard board as I've got 4 spare sockets from not using the landing lights.
But have ground to a halt yet again as my compressor died before I could seal the decals. It's nearly 20 years old so I guess I shouldn't grumble.
Anyway new one ordered, so hopefully have the cockpit finally buttoned up this weekend.
I've also ordered some blue LED strip for the engines. I'll decide when I can compare it to the white whether I use it or not. It's only £3 so no big deal if I don't.

Last edited:
Beautiful paint work craig g . Love your blaster ' holes ' on pic 4 . Noticed you had a grey undercoat ? , prior to posting your latest pics . Like to ask what you used for your final shell paint - colours , brand , method etc .
She's looking fine mate . Keep posting and sharing . Cheers Ged :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you
All paints are Tamiya.
Base colour is 1:1 flat white and deck tan
The yellow is flat yellow + my base mix
Red is flat red + hull red
The greys are a mixture of neutral grey + my base mix.
The streaks are dark grey sprayed through an erasing stencil.
The grime is dark grey + my base mix.
Blast marks are dark grey + red
Rust is burnt sienna and burnt umber oils.
All the panels other than the red were given a very thin overspray of base mix.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20170123-184915.png

A small metal stencil used by draughtsmen. Mine was £1.99 off ebay.
I just taped over the unused shapes and taped the long rectangle with the circle so it went to a point. Then sprayed though it

Cool , I've still got a few of these ( didn't know that's what they were called ) , from my uni days ( product design - major ) . Cheers , Ged .

Okay, gotta get one of those mounts.

Better choice than what we got with the kit.

These stands (that I find) are rated for 22lbs. and are meant to suspend from the top...

Do you feel the clamping mechanism will support the model?

I'm curious if you remade those adjusting spokes as flat, if it would lower it enough to go under the hold.

Okay, gotta get one of those mounts.

Better choice than what we got with the kit.

These stands (that I find) are rated for 22lbs. and are meant to suspend from the top...

Do you feel the clamping mechanism will support the model?

I'm curious if you remade those adjusting spokes as flat, if it would lower it enough to go under the hold.

This mount is a ceiling mount the base is pretty stable free standing but once screwed down, should be rock solid. It's rated for 22lbs suspended from a ceiling so it should easily hold 24lbs as a table mount.
I'm planning to take one of the arms into work to see if one of the engineers could make me a set of 4 but flat. Cause I thought the sane as you that without the bend they would sit beneath the hold.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back