ANH Bust Project:Luke, Leia, Han, Obi Wan,Tarkin & Chewie

Re: ANH Bust Project:Luke, Leia and Han.

HOLY CRAP!!!! You are an extremely talented sculptor! :eek Awesome work.

Last edited:

Han looks pretty good too. Look forward to seeing the paint up. Are you moulding these?

Looks very good... Luke has a few things wrong... eyes are to big and the face looks a bit to long or narrow... Liea is incredible... Han shows a lot of promise...

Nice to see an effects dude take on this kind of work now n again and welcome to the RPF ;)

Last edited:

Killer work. Really nailing the likeness. Really capturing the heart of these characters.

-Thanks Bogleo, Glad you like the busts!
-Thanks for the comments Cyberman, and the welcome!
-Thanks Alaneye and no I'm not molding these myself.
-Cheers Nick, That has been the main goal of this project.....to be getting the heart of these characters across in the sculptures is what it's all about!
Harrison Ford was an extremely tough likeness to capture accurately but...........here's Han!

Attachments

• DSCF0673_zpsxt7n4amc.jpg
    DSCF0673_zpsxt7n4amc.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCF0678_zpssnuhnjdf.jpg
    DSCF0678_zpssnuhnjdf.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF0688_zpso179link.jpg
    DSCF0688_zpso179link.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCF0687_zpsffj2ffye.jpg
    DSCF0687_zpsffj2ffye.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF3249_zpsoa5dz9mn.jpg
    DSCF3249_zpsoa5dz9mn.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

I have heard that Harrison Ford is one of the most difficult likenesses to get... I think all of your work here is fantastic. You are indeed a quick sculptor. and accurate. I felt the same about Luke's eyes but it is still a fantastic likeness. better than I could achieve, I think. As well as you did on Han, though... :)

Thanks for the kind words Chickenhaunt and also snaze 1 and Brent M!
Thank you also for the compliments Cadeus! Believe me there was a lot of sculpting and resculpting to get the Harrison Ford likeness as accurate as this. Like a lot of people, I've been familiar with these characters since I first saw the original movie way back when, and that has helped a lot in creating these sculpts.
I may revisit the Luke sculpture one day and address the eye size, but until then....they are what they are, and I've still got 2 characters to go in this series ( 3 more if I consider adding a Wookie to the list).
Here is another shot of Han that I would like to share! Also posted a scale reference pic so you all can see exactly how big this bust is compared to a small bottle of model paint. Stay tuned......Obi Wan is next !!

Attachments

• DSCF0731_zpsxxjwnize.jpg
    DSCF0731_zpsxxjwnize.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF0733_zpsic4zuxr2.jpg
    DSCF0733_zpsic4zuxr2.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 202

Fantastic work; you really captured the feel of the '70s with these busts!

Happy New Year everyone, and thanks for the kind comments joberg, Noahconner, Too Much Garlic and Jok3r0314!
Alec Guinness is proving to be another tough likeness to capture. Here's the progress so far...

Attachments

• DSCF1456_zps32kdgpld.jpg
    DSCF1456_zps32kdgpld.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF1455_zpsdnuhu79y.jpg
    DSCF1455_zpsdnuhu79y.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF1452_zpsdplmshoz.jpg
    DSCF1452_zpsdplmshoz.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 156
Re: ANH Bust Project:Luke, Leia, Han & Obi Wan

These are just so damn cool, I can't get over it. Great picture with the Tamiya paint too; really shows off the actual size. It's hard to fathom the detail you've captured, at that scale. Excellent!

Re: ANH Bust Project:Luke, Leia, Han & Obi Wan

Thanks Guys! Old Ben is really starting to get somewhere now and progress has been solid. For a while it was difficult to work out exactly how his jawline and chin would resolve under that beard, and winging it wasn't working. So I found some photos and footage of him clean shaven which cleared a few things up! Here are the latest pics.......

Attachments

• DSCF1573_zpsbspkab6f.jpg
    DSCF1573_zpsbspkab6f.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF1570_zpsnzc1x3u7.jpg
    DSCF1570_zpsnzc1x3u7.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCF1574_zpsjbepcu7w.jpg
    DSCF1574_zpsjbepcu7w.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back