Dragon gets Star Wars licence

Didn't that happen with Zvedza?

They produced a Pirates of the Carribean Black Swan kit, I believe it even got to the final stage, then something happened and they wound up not getting the license from Disney. They had to scramble last minute and change the packaging and do an alternate tooling for some of the defining features like the figure on the prow and release it as a generic "pirate ship"

Oh great, so that probably means they're gonna stick a trunk on it and release it as a 'future mechanical robot elephant"!!

Zvezda had the "Cars" license but there is nothing I can find regarding the PoTC. Perhaps Z figured that if they had a Disney license, they had carte blanche to make anything Disney.

TazMan2000

I vaguely recall the Zeveda thing from back when I worked at a hobby shop. I don't remember the end but do remember a lot of people disappointed that they didn't release it as promised.

Reads like another packaging issue like Anovos is always blaming delays on. So could be true, could be a good scapegoat.

on the Zeveda front their facebook page this morning is showing a 60" star destroyer kit coming December. Be interesting to see if this one actually makes it to a release.

Its been over a year since Dragon got their Star Wars licence and the Star Wars kits they have released in that year have been amazing :facepalm:facepalm
Lets hope they got more than a 1 year licence :wacko:unsure
They can't seem to get their latest Tiger tank right even though they have done 700 of them................I hope they can bring out something better the Revel standard if they can bring anything out at all.

I like the products that Dragon put out as I have a lot of the Avenger figures but they have had items in the past that have been listed but never appeared in the shops. ie the Hawkeye figure.

Hopefully we will see the kits soon.

Its been over a year since Dragon got their Star Wars licence and the Star Wars kits they have released in that year have been amazing :facepalm:facepalm
Indeed! They are dashing things out like a machine gun. So fast that you are gonna miss them in the stores if you just blink. :D ;)

Considering it's still on their facebook header I don't this the AT-AT has been axed or their SW line in general, but an update from them would be nice. Not just ignoring everyone's questions about it.

Looks like Dragon removed their Star Wars header off their Facebook page. No word if they lost the license but I suspect since the release dates are months late and the header is gone, they did lose it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back