Dragon gets Star Wars licence

Re: Dragon making a 1/35 AT-AT

Oooh... Very interested in the 1/144s to go with my Bandai Falcon. I hope they're good! I recently got a Dragon Lunar Landing kit and, although I accept the molds are a bit older, the sprues aren't nearly as clean or sharp as the Bandais. But that's more a statement on the general superiority of the Bandais... The Lunar Landing kit still looks really good compared to other manufacturers. But with both companies doing a 1/144 Falcon, we really can compare apples with apples. :) I would speculate that if these are glue kits, some of the fine details like the radar dish might be molded in more pieces and more delicately than the Bandai. Surface detailing is excellent but some bits are perhaps compromised very slightly to allow them to snap together rather than glue. And if we're really lucky, Dragon sometimes put photo etch in the box :eek:

I think an AT-AT will be to big for me in 1/35 so I will buy one build it and then sell it on. I would like an AT-ST and Snowspeeder and the rest small ships in 1/35. The main thing I want is 1/35 figures to come with them.

I was referencing the call for 1/48th scale kits... and that its not a scale Dragon typically does due to its Armor roots.

In principle though 1/48 works terrifically for me... I'd love to see it... just not expecting it ;) Hopefully from Bandai :D

Jedi Dade

Dragon has done a fair amount of 1/48 scale kits (Knights of the Air, the Ju-88 series, Horton Flying Wing, Bachem Natter, Apollo 11 spacecraft, even a rather large Chinese CZ-2E Booster system kit, plus reissues of the Trimaster kits) so a girl can hope, eh? But their 1/72 & 1/35 armor catalogs are pretty overwhelming... plus its a walker not a flyer. Perhaps we can hope for a 1/48 Slave 1 kit from them?

R/ Robert

dragon have got pix up on there facebook and or twitter site of 1/35 at-st and snowspeeder:)

Hmmm. I wonder what else is in store? Very exciting that they are developing more than just the AT-AT in 1/35 scale.

TazMan2000

http://www.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=21660

* 1/35 Rebel Snowspeeder (Empire Strikes Back)
* 1/35 Imperial AT-ST (Return of the Jedi)
* 1/35 AT-AT (Empire Strikes Back)

Bildschirmfoto 2016-02-12 um 08.02.28.pngBildschirmfoto 2016-02-12 um 08.02.42.png

Looks like I'll have to start hording some 1/144 kits :) Fine Molds, Bandai and Revell all have some great ones. The cost of entry for these kits is considerably less than most of the 1/72 kits. And some 1/48 kits are really getting up there in price :O

Awesome! I allready have the MR AT-AT (and Dragons proto looks wierd) so I'll skip that BUT I'm all over the speeder and AT-ST! If they continue the 1:35 line with more ships that would be a dream come true! Perfect scale for the subject, right in the middle of the cumbersome studio scale and the imo to small 1/48 scale. Keep em coming!

Steve

The AT-ST is not ROTJ.

Its a mix of the ESB, ROTJ go-motion and ROTJ pyro AT-ST.
They used an old and well-known for being wrong blueprint.

I'm getting doubts on letting Dragon handle this. The AT AT looks really plain, and that AT ST looks way too deformed.

Cool looking although strange at the same time

<<pix snipped>>

J

The legs look super long... makes the 'head' look too small. Ha! It looks like the "I've gotten a wedgie" AT-ST - the AT-ST(W).
This is what happens when one does all one's research on the internet but doesn't read any of the verbiage.

Could it be they adjusted the stance by making the top leg joint too vertical? Perhaps it is just an assembly issue...

R/ Robert

The legs look super long... makes the 'head' look too small. Ha! It looks like the "I've gotten a wedgie" AT-ST - the AT-ST(W).
This is what happens when one does all one's research on the internet but doesn't read any of the verbiage.

Could it be they adjusted the stance by making the top leg joint too vertical? Perhaps it is just an assembly issue...

R/ Robert

Nah it's the fact that the way they have it standing in that shot they've taken all of the "weight" off of the legs like it was being suspended from the head. Let's hope that the legs can be built in adjustable poses.... otherwise I see a LOT of modification being needed.

Here's a question.... and excuse me if someone else has brought it up and I missed it... Any ideas on whether they'll put out some figure miniatures in 1/35 scale as well? They do nice figure kits for their other lines, I could see them doing some for this line as well.... Thoughts?

Here's a question.... and excuse me if someone else has brought it up and I missed it... Any ideas on whether they'll put out some figure miniatures in 1/35 scale as well? They do nice figure kits for their other lines, I could see them doing some for this line as well.... Thoughts?

Unknown as yet. I'm sure the vehicles will get some pilots/commanders, but as to an assortment of figures, that is a good question. I certainly hope so.

TazMan2000

Unknown as yet. I'm sure the vehicles will get some pilots/commanders, but as to an assortment of figures, that is a good question. I certainly hope so.

TazMan2000

It would be a decent bonus but Dragon isn't exactly well known for adding figures, even just the crewmen, in its 1/35th scale vehicle kits despite the fact they're right there on the box artwork. Only Tamiya includes the figures regularly in the world of 1/35th scale vehicle modeling.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back