Iron Man Mark VI Full Foam Build!!

RocFoamArmory

Hey guys! It's been a long time coming, but here is some documentation for my Iron Man build! I had made a Mark VI build using pepakura, fiberglass, bondo, etc, and was tired of how long it took and the health risks involved. I switched to using EVA and craft foam and made a new prototype suit in a month or so. I lost a lot of the pics due to a phone accident, but I will take more and post here. Please comment with what you think!!

IMG_0461.JPG

Helmet

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0470.JPGIMG_0469.JPGIMG_0468.JPGIMG_0467.JPGIMG_0466.JPGIMG_0465.JPGIMG_0464.JPGIMG_0463.JPGIMG_0462.JPG

Materials:

Utility Knife + LOTS of extra blades - Harbor Freight
Glue gun (High temp and Low temp) - Walmart
Mini glue sticks (LOTS) - Walmart
1/2 in. thick foam floor mats - Harbor Freight
6mm foam sheets - Joann Fabrics or Amazon
2mm foam sheets - Joann Fabrics or Walmart

Plastidip (approx 4 cans) - Home Depot or Lowes
Gloss red spray paint (approx 5 cans) - Lowes
Metallic gold and silver spray paint (approx 2 cans each) - Lowes
Plastidip glossifier (approx 2 cans) - Lowes

Total approx. cost - $250-300

Nice work dude! I am a little surprised with how much you said it cost, I made mine for less than $100, but I still have to paint it. Where did all of the money go for your suit? Also, mine was made out of thin foam, so it was probably much cheaper. It would be cool to have a pic of it assembled so we could see everything.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back