Kilgrave Cosplay WIP - Jessica Jones (David Tennant)

That sucks. I'll contact them too - maybe if enough of us bug them about it, they'll give up some info eventually ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We should probably just EMAIL the costume manager from JJ. She answers emails, just not as much with Tweets.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feel free to share with the group at any time

Again, I haven't made any headway in chatting with the costumer so there's nothing to report.

Although with the help of DoctorWhoCollector we've ID'd and located the tie he wears with his black wool suit. It's (surprise) a Paul Smith and still available from House of Fraser.
74464.jpg

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Paul...luster+Extra+Slim+Tie/D538902,default,pd.html

Not sure if this is it or not, but this Ted Baker "Baywai Birdseye" waistcoat in charcoal (still available from House of Fraser for 60GBP) looks awfully similar to the police station one, with the micro-dot pattern and the correct number and spacing/size of buttons...

I can't tell if the original was black or charcoal, since the scene is so dark. But either way, this seems like a good option.

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Ted+Baker+Baywai+Birdseye+Waistcoat/225548253,default,pd.html

Not sure if this is it or not, but this Ted Baker "Baywai Birdseye" waistcoat in charcoal (still available from House of Fraser for 60GBP) looks awfully similar to the police station one, with the micro-dot pattern and the correct number and spacing/size of buttons...

I can't tell if the original was black or charcoal, since the scene is so dark. But either way, this seems like a good option.

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Ted+Baker+Baywai+Birdseye+Waistcoat/225548253,default,pd.html

On second thought, this does not seem to be the police station waistcoat, as that one has puckered stitching. This PS Byard waistcoat seems more like it... I still think the SA one was black, but the cut and stitching of this navy one seems dead-on to my eye.

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Paul...+Slim+Fit+Waistcoat/217947095,default,pd.html

Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 11.02.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-29 at 11.02.34 AM.png

Hey folks! So after some more looking, I think I've found a great alt waistcoat which looks A LOT like the Paul Smith. It doesn't seem to be readily available in stores, but there seem to be lots of ebay sellers with it, and also some on Amazon (although it just went out of stock there, so not sure if they'll have more or not). The general price seems to range between $35 and $45, with shipping included.

It's a "diamond texture" 5-button vest by Sean John. The texture looks quite a lot like the microdot of the PS one, and it even has the puckered stitching around the edges! Also, the closure is higher, and the button spacing and size seems pretty accurate as well. I just ordered myself one, so I'll post some more photos once it arrives! But for now, here are the standards from the auction:
IMG_6839.PNGIMG_6838.PNG

Found some more info on the watch! There's a thread on Reddit where it was possibly identified as this:
4489b993599870c6b4f92365590eecc2.jpg

Which in itself is, apparently, a replica of Patek's Sky Moon watch:
9cc910f27437c8790f2204267bd78064.jpg

Looking at it in Episode 2 around 48:17, it looks definitely plausible!
93852d41b5e091f5d8f9a8a640a02cb9.jpg

Either way, I ended up buying myself that Stührling from Amazon, and it arrived today! I'm VERY happy with it - it's gorgeous, I think it's a great alt, and I'm looking forward to wearing it daily. [emoji16]
335f8cdda94480b75a7a5c924f14a0b9.jpg

Found some more info on the watch! There's a thread on Reddit where it was possibly identified as this: http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160115/4489b993599870c6b4f92365590eecc2.jpg

It's gotta be a Lange watch he wears, there's a clear shot of the label in 1000 Cuts. This is a really good match though, it checks a few of the boxes I can't match in a Lange watch. TBH, it's probably a very old style of Lange watch on loan from a cast or crew member - or maybe it's David's own - as at 20K-2.5M a pop I expect most people hold onto their Lange watches for a long time.

It's gotta be a Lange watch he wears, there's a clear shot of the label in 1000 Cuts. This is a really good match though, it checks a few of the boxes I can't match in a Lange watch. TBH, it's probably a very old style of Lange watch on loan from a cast or crew member - or maybe it's David's own - as at 20K-2.5M a pop I expect most people hold onto their Lange watches for a long time.

Haha true! In either case, I'm very happy with my Stuhrling alt watch, which only cost me $100 and is a lovely watch for everyday wear! ;)

Great news folks!! The tie from this scene has been identified! The costume designer responded to my email with "I believe it was John Varvatos." After only a few minutes of perusing lyst.com, there it was! And STILL AVAILABLE!

I immediately bought myself one. I told a couple of friends and apparently it's sold out now in purple :( but I think I know a good clothier who may have gotten one for reference ;)

Anyway, here's the link! I'll be sure to post photos once mine arrives!

www.lyst.com/accessories/john-varvatos-tie-deep-purple
d6e6ab11cf1c3b5954a736021496dc65.jpg

Any Idea Where i could find and or get that beautiful purple longcoat made? i cannot seem to find the exact one anywhere. the prop master said it was a paul smith coat but i havent been able to track down any from that eyars collections that resemble it atall.tumblr_ny7wg62dfM1s52oiwo1_500.png

Any Idea Where i could find and or get that beautiful purple longcoat made? i cannot seem to find the exact one anywhere. the prop master said it was a paul smith coat but i havent been able to track down any from that eyars collections that resemble it atall.View attachment 583065
They may have said PS, but high resolution photos show it to be Burberry.

Edit: I -think- this is the coat. http://www.lyst.com/clothing/burberry-prorsum-linen-double-breasted-coat-blue/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Any Idea Where i could find and or get that beautiful purple longcoat made? i cannot seem to find the exact one anywhere. the prop master said it was a paul smith coat but i havent been able to track down any from that eyars collections that resemble it atall.View attachment 583065

Yup, as drivernj stated, the original was actually a Burberry Prorsum navy linen coat. Indy will make one for you if you email him.

Hello! Just wanted to ask if anyone had identified the pocket square that Kilgrave is wearing in AKA 1000 cuts and AKA take a bloody number? Been searching for a while now and can't find anything similar. Think it's the same outfit that someone posted a picture of previously but here's a screen grab from the end of 1000 cuts. Any advice would be warmly welcomed, thank you! pocketsquare.jpg

Hello! Just wanted to ask if anyone had identified the pocket square that Kilgrave is wearing in AKA 1000 cuts and AKA take a bloody number? Been searching for a while now and can't find anything similar. Think it's the same outfit that someone posted a picture of previously but here's a screen grab from the end of 1000 cuts. Any advice would be warmly welcomed, thank you! View attachment 587089

That's a great shot you grabbed! I've been looking into that one too. If I find out anything I'll definitely post it here asap!

It reminds me of this:

AAEAAQAAAAAAAASkAAAAJGFkNDA1OWY5LWQ5OGItNDlhNy04ZTgwLTg5NjAyZDk1OGE4ZQ.jpg

;) Ok... I'm not helping.

We got the Varvatos Tie as well so when and if you guys need an easily available replica... let us know and we'll get on to it!

-Magnoli

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back