Kilgrave Cosplay WIP - Jessica Jones (David Tennant)

I asked the guy I bought the PS suit from if he had any ideas on the tie since he deals in a lot of PS clothing. He just judging by the pattern, it's 80% more likely that the original was PS than Ted Baker, but still no luck on what the pattern might be called to help with narrowing down search terms. The digging continues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked the guy I bought the PS suit from if he had any ideas on the tie since he deals in a lot of PS clothing. He just judging by the pattern, it's 80% more likely that the original was PS than Ted Baker, but still no luck on what the pattern might be called to help with narrowing down search terms. The digging continues...

I sent inquiries out to Paul Smith AND Ted Baker to see if either company can lend a hand in identifying the tie. I doubt they'll be helpful as they make loads of ties, but figured it was worth a shot. For all we know, the tie can be neither TB or PS! :-/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I sent inquiries out to Paul Smith AND Ted Baker to see if either company can lend a hand in identifying the tie. I doubt they'll be helpful as they make loads of ties, but figured it was worth a shot. For all we know, the tie can be neither TB or PS! :-/

Truth. Thanks for reaching out to them! Sadly the costume designer didn't reply to me :/

My Paul Smith suit arrived today!! It looks amazing - the purple is a really nice shade too, that I could wear for my normal wardrobe. The lighting here makes it look totally different than the screen-worn, but I think they're much more similar and will match in a better lighting. Anyway, I'm SUPER excited about it!! Now I'm just waiting to have the pants hemmed ^_^
21579d59a1336a01b773456a48b8ef10.jpg
d6e63092db4e765201300544cd12a632.jpg

Just fyi folks, Nordstrom is currently selling the Paul Smith "stone floral" navy shirt that David wore in this scene for $175 on their website (which is apparently 40% off their usual price [emoji51]).
803814b9011a0df53750c6999151c834.jpg

Just fyi folks, Nordstrom is currently selling the Paul Smith "stone floral" navy shirt that David wore in this scene for $175 on their website (which is apparently 40% off their usual price [emoji51]).http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/18/803814b9011a0df53750c6999151c834.jpg

Well that's quite a deal... if you're monetarily inclined. :-/ doesn't he also wear a purple version of this shirt, too?

Well that's quite a deal... if you're monetarily inclined. :-/ doesn't he also wear a purple version of this shirt, too?

Not sure, it's hard to tell. From the pics of the purple version on PS's website, I thought it looked a bit too light (more like lavender), so I'm guessing this one is the navy version. I could be wrong though - damn filters!

Whoa nice!!! Well that's certainly the purple one haha. Nice find! The more I compare this with that image I posted, the more I think he just wore the purple version. Personally though I think the navy one would also look great with a purple suit :)

Last edited:
Whoa nice!!! Well that's certainly the purple one haha. Nice find! The more I compare this with that image I posted, the more I think he just wore the purple version. Personally though I think the navy one would also look great with a purple suit :)

I'm glad you said that, because I just couldn't bring myself to mention it. :-/

I'm glad you said that, because I just couldn't bring myself to mention it. :-/

No worries - don't be afraid to speak your mind if you think I'm wrong on something! I'm wrong all the time, especially when shows have such damned deceiving color filters ;-) I'll be the first to admit there are plenty of people with a better eye for this stuff than me haha!

No worries - don't be afraid to speak your mind if you think I'm wrong on something! I'm wrong all the time, especially when shows have such damned deceiving color filters ;-) I'll be the first to admit there are plenty of people with a better eye for this stuff than me haha!

As I'm relatively new coming into this SA cosplay thing I don't wanna sound like a know it all, even if I do seem to have a decent eye for this stuff.... ;-)

For a second, I got really excited when I saw this... But it's still not it. Another good alt, though:
a9a076b510bd28c8ea9eaaf3e53b93cb.jpg

From here: http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131662446286

On a related note, I took a ride to Nordstrom's and Nordstrom Rack today, to see if they by any chance had something since discovering that they sell both Paul Smith and Ted Baker (on their website, anyway). Sadly neither store had a single thing from PS, and only a couple of TB ties.

I asked an employee about the tie too, and she said it's very common for designers to do a limited run per season and once it's gone, it's gone. She said it might come back round in a year or two... So I guess the ebay trolling continues!

For a second, I got really excited when I saw this... But it's still not it. Another good alt, though:
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/19/a9a076b510bd28c8ea9eaaf3e53b93cb.jpg

From here: http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131662446286

On a related note, I took a ride to Nordstrom's and Nordstrom Rack today, to see if they by any chance had something since discovering that they sell both Paul Smith and Ted Baker (on their website, anyway). Sadly neither store had a single thing from PS, and only a couple of TB ties.

I asked an employee about the tie too, and she said it's very common for designers to do a limited run per season and once it's gone, it's gone. She said it might come back round in a year or two... So I guess the ebay trolling continues!

I ended up getting a reply back from PS about the Police Station tie, and they were very unhelpful once they realized it was "old" stock. Never heard back from Ted Baker :-(

I ended up getting a reply back from PS about the Police Station tie, and they were very unhelpful once they realized it was "old" stock. Never heard back from Ted Baker :-(

That's a bummer :( Did PS even tell you whether or not it was made by them?

That's a bummer :( Did PS even tell you whether or not it was made by them?
They just wouldn't tell me anything, which was odd because they emailed me twice seeming like they were really excited, and then in the last email... nothing. Just nothing. They just said if it *was* there's and it was last season they couldn't help me.

They just wouldn't tell me anything, which was odd because they emailed me twice seeming like they were really excited, and then in the last email... nothing. Just nothing. They just said if it *was* there's and it was last season they couldn't help me.

That sucks. I'll contact them too - maybe if enough of us bug them about it, they'll give up some info eventually ;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back