Sterling E11 blaster project

cyberpyrot

Sr Member
Just ordered a cut up sterling I will post pictures when it comes in. I just need to find a good welder

any advice from people who took this route?

thanks here are the pictures I was sent. is this doable?

Ift6-jG_4Q3p-zrLFVIBARKzUFx9IavA_8E57Mq0VJ4SR5dJbiqnCCZHtKeis-_sS3jNzDXk3WWGQ5WzLoABBnnHV00npgfQ1dHgqH9CCSYkyinJvuOGHdkEAxT8xrVKbsY1DtRQ8B_LomLTc4b-7G_98nKHjczCteqqatthwaLSAseAkIQkTlFNNUL_pH36AZHuwhxFAgC1NKi4m9FNwBlePOUQebP7bid4YR9BfcSVbEb2gBYogiX16CJ3qgn8O9RoeVKA-dJUkWAG2i9zSD6wT0joIagQp1wh66UoO_cAAD7IIY9hdbUDDZuL49yw5h733Q3g7DGf6vIbjrBz4SQJXcQfHwWYaQWT9ewnJqAoaOqeOSmDaL9K9w0U9mn1jwZnJyLcF4v-yv0rHXR-Idxnnyt4N70mYqpifjYRMYzlTP1RR9IH0x0-ZzC5DYl2aO6byMUg8H_iGFfTC9f6yMPdIQFis3h_8XJqR7622AWrReBhovsYfiBlPENKlx3cH4oHolHqqhgQeLhd9MlCApP33OgYs_hoBMQyoPtgbcoD=w800-h515-no

SV1iMRkhzHWjL44BXyAzMO3ITSKa2lY9C9e1aZQAWpbnDYvJ1L7m6jkoV6jnxakLqHtddbMW92rpU3xgXCgBzSShuynvaVQuFgo-ZuDT5_0ScckwrFmKdDYzrtpyOXhC5tc7275Bdeb_osbl1U6Y-FFGj39czSaZgMe4nwGzsLZDuA42V-Um8AfnWnHd1S7XtG1k9bPZYRPI1e71egdf-lch16mDRmUv-iMwLlwL0aZY92vq8qdPZxo9XNfp2P7AiUdVm3j-SyyWkDcGN41XofxfaKej7j26r3tYPqTMmNZX1sMS0UmOfhZbNpfuPnIY6_hbbqG6yvC2kj8-mKSwhrtwmnOUvX_dJTy-6OYbXmEouQ0kQi7cp_c4MRuNQzYSIN1RdZWHnCwtKCKqkAwmjI45IrH5h8b8GBnFYr5m8QbKKqrj5cDtOrqxe1sGslJmQuoZpTU3MjPMbXBCme0rNzI4-RsGQuoOwgn2HNVFxLfEFhJhhH16GRtwZgbWj56qN4eQOHN-tL0aM0nC83-P-LTJhIa_CWOnLUb-Amks7gu2=w800-h600-no

wUcKuZyVfFIC4aaCtDTy75_rgI0O371u3cZXSvXOPc1xLG21lsSgl7obb_6GlnzQqgcRaATThrddZ4AKFMUaM2vmzpqCNhoRy1I9CWtz-xKDnEWVTlqnP6X3twY0lqiP4jOZ1H1cyeN85VZ-fvMGCw2UGv9frBDd3SbtrwxJjR9z59sJiZ9qmJlrNXTRYnGjdCxVUXbOksc15VQmNVezRg74wM3vQ1SdE4iWk0JDD4xhaM-u9LTMvcYCjwZhSqPKQsZQu0w1X_hr39pKthZSn03kgdp4VCYhSBVnQM9OjaC9b3XOaEj1ZUGmi2N1tafqBowMNlviDhhf9iw9t7Efs_ULVzrGZDte1AeyTq-Q1VORK6_m-1SjkyQj3EZBxwMA-7HKbCRgPkztiW-rTax99-g6UZ4aLojMcywDzxWNlTpEonm_zM4QcdxrQIIO7MTx0Kh5Sq4X-PokXJtu109BOdcPY9sTMp0HlsO6qV12dCnRk4WWvVV_oe_ahjKF3xBPXIeH51f5yvhRcUyFUUS5444O4AN4kWv75jL8UDYHmvaT=w800-h600-no

I'm no expert at all, but it's probably feasible it could be repaired to some extent, just get your Fusion Cutter out, that should do the job! Haha

The real question is why on earth would someone cut it up like that in the first place!?? :O

Last edited:
Firearm laws. Can't sell something that can "readily" be converted into an operable, fully automatic firearm, so they cut them up.

CAN it be welded? Why, sure. Can it be done seamlessly? Probably not, especially the perforated barrel shroud. I guess if the welds were filed down and you followed with a body filler.

Firearm laws. Can't sell something that can "readily" be converted into an operable, fully automatic firearm, so they cut them up.

That's what Deactivation centres are for. For the equivalent of about $70, you can get them deactivated to a legal standard and proofed with a certificate, must better imo than cutting it up D: Makes me cringe seeing a bit of history destroyed like that!

That's what Deactivation centres are for. For the equivalent of about $70, you can get them deactivated to a legal standard and proofed with a certificate, must better imo than cutting it up D: Makes me cringe seeing a bit of history destroyed like that!

Glad such things don't happen in EU, it is sad having a Sterling cut up like that. But there are people who made good E-11 from them nevertheless

Depends how much it cost them in the first place I suppose, but I would have thought you could make more money on it by selling it deactivated than cut up into pieces :')

Sterlings are imported into the US. All machine guns imported are cut up per BATFE regulations. There is no such thing as deactivation centers in the US. Unless you consider customs armed with torches such. Back in the day it was nice because the receiver was saw cut. Making most of the original gun usable. Now you need a whole new receiver which opens up another bag of worms...

It is very doable.... just how much cost and time.
The barrel shroud and the receiver trigger housing look to be the areas requiring the most work.

If I were lucky enough to have this, My biggest concern would be how to reassemble it and have it still be "deactivated"

Where do you live? That may dictate what you can and cannot do.

I have taken three apart that were in that condition. Rebuild one and looking for time to do the other two. Get yourself some MAP gas, a vice, gloves and some time. Taking it apart is not hard, just lots of heat, a little TLC and some time and all the parts can be harvested.

They cut through your handle which is a bummer. You will need a replacement. IMS has them. The rear ring that holds on the rear cap is nearly impossible to get off without destroying it. For a static build that is not a big deal unless you want to be able to take it apart again. The nose cap is the hardest to get out. I usually turn (lathe) the rolled end off then use heat to get it out. The handle can also be a pain as it is flimsy and you really need it.

As for putting it back together that is where you need to know your local rules. Don't cross them. You will not win....

In ANH the E-11 magazines were quite short. Most of them shorter than what is shown on Master Replicas E-11

Stormtroopers06.jpgANHBlaster1.jpgStormtrooper classic shot wall.jpgM38-M40 scope - curved foot 02.jpganhref-4991478.jpganhref-4983025.jpganhref-4296755.jpganhref-4289357.jpg

Leia promo shots:

Princess-Leia-with-a-Blaster-carrie-fisher-37251086-2560-1441.jpgPrincess-Leia-with-a-Blaster-carrie-fisher-37251086-2560-1440.jpg

Prop Store Bapty:

Bapty E-11 Stormtrooper Blaster 11.jpg

Ok here is my plan. I will run some copper pipe the length of the inside then sweat it in place and cut all holes to match. The fill the torch cuts with solder. It might be heavier but I can't weld.

You are going to sweat all the parts to the copper? Never thought of that. Will copper and steal sweat together?? If it will that will save some work in removing all the parts and re-forming the nose roll.

My first E-11 i used JB weld to mount all the parts on my fake receiver. Glued the back end shut with a wood dowel for the barrel. Just don't drop it or its coming apart so It is fine for a static prop. My next one i was going to silver solder together and permanently solder the rear cap in place again with a wood barrel. Never got anywhere thought....

Being in Texas you can do alot more then other parts of the country....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back