Obi-Wan Kenobi Light Saber 3D Model Advice

bettygauge

Hey guys!

I'm building a 3D model of Obi-Wan's third light saber and need some advice or inspiration for the internal makeup.

rfY4Wbf.png

Up until now, I've been using the original Brian Lewis schematic which depicts 1.) a laser generator crystal in the grenade portion, 2.) degaussing/concentrating lenses in the control module, and 3.) a nucleonic pill in the grip area with the powel empty.

However, I've seen a lot of newer ideas both on RPF and the Star Wars wiki (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Obi-Wan_Kenobi's_third_lightsaber) that show a different assembly than the original.

My question to the RPF community: what is the more popular or preferred internal composition? If you could imagine the best iteration without worrying about what is possible to physically reconstruct, which would you prefer?

(Model shown is incomplete, have yet to add nucleonic pill and degaussing lenses or change the arrangement.)

Thanks!

Edit: Here is an image of the full model without the sectional view!
oq9X0NP.png

I for one would love to see that Brian Lewis interior come into existance ... this illustration in the Mechanismo book :

... has been the single most reason for me to hunt down all the real vintage parts ... almost there, 1 grenade to go :)

Chaim

So it sounds like I should continue with the original Brian Lewis illustration!

Unfortunately, this won't be a 3D printed physical model, simply a virtual 3D model I've been making using SolidWorks, a CAD program.

HOWEVER, if I learn more about 3D printing I might be able to transform this into a printable design! Really just a matter of dividing each segment into individual pieces that can screw together...hmmm ideas...

Thank you!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back