Gremlins 3

if they do this....i hope they do it right!
it has to be done in practical effects and not freaking cgi !!!
here's crossing our fingers to puppets and fake blood!!

The fact that they're talking about making it closer in tone to the first one fills me with hope. In my mind, the only good thing about the second one was this little guy:

giphy.gif

hmmm. Maybe. Part of me loved Gremlins to death and wants some more.

but...part realizes that this was an amazing movie that did not need a sequel...got one anyway. It was a typical "Search for more money" sequel. and now it seems there will be more.

We really aren't OUT of stories. There are literally (heh) thousands of words and almost infinite combinations of putting them together that we haven't tried yet.

Why's that? Done right, CG can be every bit as good and even better than practical. The reason why things were done practically back then wasn't because of some sort of artistic or stylistic choice, it was because it was the only choice and I bet that if CG was around when the original Gremlins were filmed they would have gone that route. If the director is smart, he'll use a combination of both, practical for close ups and CG for wide and action shots.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back