my bandai millenium falcon done!

I still find this build utterly fascinating. I never would have thought an unpainted model would look so good with just a good weathering job done to it. I'm really tempted to do it with mine just to save time ;)

Chris
Not only that...it uses stickers. Friggin stickers!

Mind blown

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! I probably enjoyed building this kit more than any I've done. The precision of the pieces, the ease with which it went together, the level of detail...it is a truly stellar kit. I would so love to work on a 1:72 of this!

I'm really surprised at how well you pulled this off, with just stickers and some weathering.
Looks fantastic!

Me too,....it looks beautiful,....
......really if you want to paint the model,...try & get the grey to be the same colour /shade as the plastic because it looks perfect

J

Great job!

I've done the matte coated bare plastic, washes and pastels on a couple of the Revell pre-paint kits like the ARC-170 and the Y-Wing.

I agree, going to dark with the grunge sometimes ruins the effect. Most of the studio models are so over weathered because they had to be due to the lighting and filming process which washed out the subtler weathering

I don't know how different the bare color of this plastic is on the Falcon compared to the X-wing plastic color, but if they are the same, then Tamiya Insignia White (AS-20) is an almost perfect match. So much so that it was hard to tell what areas I had sprayed vs what ones hadn't been

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back