Anyone in Edmonton or nearby?

Monkey540

Sr Member
Hey there,

I used to live in Ontario, and while I was there I met a number of prop minded people and had a number of friends to be soundboards for ideas and help with props and such.

Since moving just over a year ago, I haven't been able to find people in my area to perhaps meet up with, and/or discuss prop projects with.

I'd like to extend an open invitation for anyone localish to me. Send me a message, let's talk about what we're each working on etc.

Wow, glad to hear that there are a few out here. MB Trooper yes, I was at Edmonton Expo, on Friday in my AC - Desmond outfit:

View attachment John DeLancie Desmond Photo.jpg

And then on Saturday in my Mal outfit:

View attachment Adrienne Wilkinson - Mal Photo - Edit.jpg

I had a great time. Anyone else?

Also, I'm up for meeting up with people to discuss props, what stuff you guys makes, and maybe work on stuff together.
I head to the ENTS Hackerspace to do work on my props on Tuesdays (when I'm up for it).

If anyone else wanted to meet up there, it's a great place to work on projects, drop me a line guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am the XO for the 501st Badlands Garrison so was at the Expo for the entire week end. Did you get to see the booth for the 501st. We spent over a month working on it.

I am the XO for the 501st Badlands Garrison so was at the Expo for the entire week end. Did you get to see the booth for the 501st. We spent over a month working on it.

So, I'm not much of a shy guy, but I'll say that I'm shy around the 501st booth for some reason.
The most interaction I've had with people from a 501st booth was years ago in Niagara, where I got this pic. The Trooper didn't want to do an "oww my brain" pose that the apple is supposed to induce. (As per the lore :) )

img7665l.jpg

I'll be sure to start making regular stops at the booths from now on. I usually admire from afar.

Do you have pics as how it turned out this year?

FYI, to anyone interested, I'll be at the ENTS Hackerspace tonite. It's free night and all are welcome to visit and use the facilities.

I'll be working on some Spine Candles.

On the way past 1/2 yr since my last post. I'd still like to connect with other prop makers in the city, if only just to chat and share experiences and talk about projects.

Hello all! I know we are knee deep in the "kennywave" #bestfallever #throwHinshawfromthetrain

But perhaps there is a convenient Tim Horton's etc which we could collect at to talk props and projects?

Cheers,

I live near Edmonton!

Oh, wait. Edmonton Canada, not Edmonton North London. :)

* (I used to live in Calgary, so this is my idea of a witty joke)

Hello all! I know we are knee deep in the "kennywave" #bestfallever #throwHinshawfromthetrain

But perhaps there is a convenient Tim Horton's etc which we could collect at to talk props and projects?

Cheers,
Must have missed this several years ago, but I'm from the Park.

TazMan2000
Hey guys.

I’d be down for a meet sometime. Maybe in the spring we can have a BBQ

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back