DeAgostini Millennium Falcon by dtssyst

InkedHasegawa%201_72%20Scale%20Morser%20Karl_zps9jexk8pu_LI.jpg Has anyone identified where this piece is from?

Shapeways cries again ....
I need to make some changes to print it.this is often the case.That's why I call it early beta;)

This is often the case.
Shapeways sometimes does not recognize their own guidelines. Sorry.

ol3670617-3673641.JPGol3670617-3673641-2.JPGol3670617-3673641-3.JPGol3670617-3673641-4.JPGol3670617-3673641-5.JPG

View attachment 714268 Thanks dtssyst! One more....

The research says 1/25 chieftan

- - - Updated - - -

Shapeways cries again ....
I need to make some changes to print it.this is often the case.That's why I call it early beta;)

This is often the case.
Shapeways sometimes does not recognize their own guidelines. Sorry.

View attachment 714283View attachment 714284View attachment 714285View attachment 714286View attachment 714287

Please let us know when corrected.

Home...
I have not been very active here for a few reasons. The main reason is that my mom lived with us. She passed away Feb. 19th 2017. She did have health issues but this was unexpected. Kristine and I are trying to get back to 'normal'. Having the three of us in a small home was, at times, stress full. Now that my mom is no longer with us, I asked Kristine to now focus on getting/keeping herself healthy.

Kristine has been on short term leave from her work since Jan. 1st of this year. She will go to long term leave but I am unsure when. We are waiting on Social Security disability to be accepted for her.

In the realm of modeling...
I will finish the commission paint job on a SS x-wing. I will then resume my personal SS x-wing build. Then go back to the falcon build. I have a few aftermarket parts that we want to add to our build anyways and this will allow me time to afford them.

Sonic Sun, great job on replicating the parts from photos provided. Thank you for making some of the other parts that I asked you to make and for keeping the price of the set low. I have ordered a set and await the arrival.

We now are proud owners of a 3D printer! Not an expensive unit by any means. It is the Anet A8 unit. I have put it together and it works great. I did upgrade a few components to make it better. I am also printing parts to make it even better than that. I really love the unit so far.

Lastly, Thank to all of you. For the kind words sent, the support you have given and for the continuation of this thread.

:love you guys and gals!!!

So sorry for your loss. No amount of words or sympathy ever makes it better, but take some comfort in the fact that people are thinking of you.
Take your time to grieve, everyone does it in different ways and different speeds, but you are right to concentrate or your wife and her health now. Immediate family takes priority over everything, and health and love are the most important things of all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modeling...

The commission painting of a studio scale x-wing is finished. I am planning to work on not just my SS x-wing but the falcon as well.
What does that mean? Look for this thread to proceed with my Falcon build.
There are a few things I want to order for our falcon build. However, I will not let that prevent me from moving forward.

Family side of things...

Two months after my mom's passing we had to put her dog (Annie) down. Annie had stones in her bladder and could not pass them nor could we get them to dissolve via a special diet. Annie had heart palpitations so surgery was not an option. Not to mention that Annie was not young anymore. Annie's ashes will be put next to my mom's when we open the vault.

My wife Kristine is doing great. Her cancer markers are not going lower anymore. But, they are also not going higher. :D

I had a few friends from these forums as friends on Facebook. I had closed my FB account a long time ago. It is now reopened. I have been adding to my FB page to get it back to where it was many years ago. Note: it also seems like it is the way that some modeler's are going these days. So, If you know where to look, you can find me and add me as a friend once again.

I noticed that too. I thought I'd lost the part and went back over the instructions and found that there was only ever one included so I thought I was good, till I noticed the photos of the filming miniature with the part present..

Might have to scratch it..

Here is an update from Deagostini on the missing greeblies from the Falcon kit;

We would like to update you on the progress that has been made with the issue of providing the missing greebles that were not included in your original kits.

In investigating this, we have discovered that while these parts were present in the original scans that our model was developed from, the physical prototype which was used as a reference during the development of our model suffered some damage. This damage was very slight, and although it resulted in a few small greebles coming loose, this went unnoticed at the time. Due to their not being present on the reference model, at some point in the factory production, these parts were mistakenly omitted from our version, due to an error in communication concerning which was the definitive version of each of these parts.

We have extensively checked these differences to confirm that these are the only parts of the model which experienced this error, and that the model is otherwise identical to the original scans of the Lucasfilm prop. Once we had identified which parts had been omitted from our model (but were present on the original scans), we had to have these parts developed by our factory, so that we could send them on for approval from the current licensor (Disney).

We do acknowledge that this investigation and subsequent development process for these parts has taken some time, and we would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. The final, approved versions of these missing greebles have now been developed, and the factory is producing these units in the coming weeks before we distribute them globally - together with fitting instructions - which will be done as soon as possible.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patience and support, and we look forward to sending on the finishing touches, and seeing pictures of your completed models!

Kind Regards,
DeAgostini UK

Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back