DeAgostini Millennium Falcon by dtssyst

X-Wing commission builds are finished and delivered. I am tinkering on my SS X-WING kit as the falcon build is on standby. I want to wait until everything has arrived (issue 100) before I continue this awesome build.

As some of you know, my wife Kristine is fighting cancer again. There is no cure (yet) but it is treatable. She is fighting it with everything we can throw at it. She is doing GREAT and we thank everyone for all of the thoughts and prayers that have been sent her way. If you do not hear from me please do not think I am ignoring you. Kris is my utmost priority and always will be.

Please continue with all the great model builds as I lurk, watch and enjoy seeing all the great builds you are all doing.

Here is a photo of Kristine and I (on her very first true vacation) at WOODY'S BBQ on Chincoteague Island August 2016.

Attachments

• Kristine and I.jpg
    Kristine and I.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 402
Last edited:
X-Wing commission builds are finished and delivered. I am tinkering on my SS X-WING kit as the falcon build is on standby. I want to wait until everything has arrived (issue 100) before I continue this awesome build.

As some of you know, my wife Kristine is fighting cancer again. There is no cure (yet) but it is treatable. She is fighting it with everything we can throw at it. She is doing GREAT and we thank everyone for all of the thoughts and prayers that have been sent her way. If you do not hear from me please do not think I am ignoring you. Kris is my utmost priority and always will be.

Please continue with all the great model builds as I lurk, watch and enjoy seeing all the great builds you are all doing.

Here is a photo of Kristine and I (on her very first true vacation) at WOODY'S BBQ on Chincoteague Island August 2016.
take care and be there for each other,

I will often pray for members along with many others and mention it, etc. but I thought I would try typing it out.

Bare with me, I have never done this on a forum:

Dear Lord, please look after Kristine and see her though this difficult time. She must be an amazing woman with great taste to be with such a Star Wars fan. She must also be incredibly tolerant to put up with all that that means. You know how we drive our spouses crazy with our hobby. Please ease her pain and let her feel your presence in this difficult time. When her time to come home arrives it needs to be as a very old women asleep in her bed. Thank you Father.

Amen

Before talking about your project, id like to say im sorry for what's happening with your wife. I wish her a speedy recovery.

You mentioned trains and lanes in easton a few months ago. That has to be one of the greatest shops on the east coast. I was there in dec and it has changed quite a bit in the last 25 years, but its still awesome. Im new to modeling so bare with me if i ask a dumb question. The falcon you're building is a kit? What will the finished dimensions be? Ive been looking to build one but have no ide where to start. Thanks

Before talking about your project, id like to say im sorry for what's happening with your wife. I wish her a speedy recovery.

Thank you.

You mentioned trains and lanes in easton a few months ago. That has to be one of the greatest shops on the east coast. I was there in dec and it has changed quite a bit in the last 25 years, but its still awesome. Im new to modeling so bare with me if i ask a dumb question. The falcon you're building is a kit? What will the finished dimensions be? Ive been looking to build one but have no ide where to start. Thanks

Great store it is. It has everything!

Start Here:
http://www.model-space.com/us/build-millennium-falcon.html

Thanks Junk Pilot for the confirmation.
If any other parts are missing please share. Also, what is missing and where it goes.

Please know to anyone who reads this... this request goes out to you as well.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the info in this thread. it's still useful even if not build a DiAgostini Falcon!

Don't run to the nearest store...
Trains & Lanes Hobbies in Easton PA has a lot of Floquil and Polly Scale paints in stock. The price is 5.99 a bottle plus tax.
They only have Floquil Primer in stock. All other colors 'used' for the falcon are sold out. I looked really hard for them.
However, They do have Reefer Yellow, Concrete, Reefer Grey and Caboose Red in Polly Scale.
Again, they also have a lot of other colors available in both Floquil and Polly Scale.

I love that store. Just a few months ago when I was there they had the Estes Darth Vader tie and some of the other estes rockets really cheap on some clearance rack in the front

It's nice walking in and seeing long out of production kits pop up on the shelves. At one point they had some of those old Vinyl Alien facehugger kits and some other Alien kits

Currently tinkering on my SS Salzo X-Wing. I'm going a little crazy trying to get it just right. Maybe a bit too much. lol

We don't get up that way often. But Kristine knows when we are in that area I want to visit that hobby shop.
I love going. Just as you said, a lot of vintage kits still on the shelves. I could spend hours looking around but she gets the look of can we go now. My only problem is that I do the same thing at Hobby Lobby.

I may not be building my falcon at the moment but all the information I find useful towards my build will be included in this thread. I am glad that others find it just as useful. More information coming. Not sure when I'll post it as I am awaiting DeAgostini's response on the missing parts.

Thanks for all the info in this thread. it's still useful even if not build a DiAgostini Falcon!

I love that store. Just a few months ago when I was there they had the Estes Darth Vader tie and some of the other estes rockets really cheap on some clearance rack in the front

It's nice walking in and seeing long out of production kits pop up on the shelves. At one point they had some of those old Vinyl Alien facehugger kits and some other Alien kits

First post updated.

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated update...

My wife Kristine received some good news yesterday. Her latest results are showing that her cancer markers are going down. A great Christmas gift indeed.

Last edited:
will you be offering these parts to upgrade the deagostini kit? i would rather accurate casts rather than their clumpy efforts

thanks

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back