DeAgostini Millennium Falcon by dtssyst

Could someone confirm the tyrrell p34 kit #2001 is the same as item #20053 please?

Im guessing it has been given an up to date number.

Cheers

Hi Zorg,
not sure what kit you are referring to, as far as I know there was no 2001 reissue there was one in 2003 with the latest in 2011,all of which are the same kit some with extra new parts added.Ebay currently has a couple of well priced 20053 kits up for sale.

Yesterday a buddy tell me that the Tyrrell P34 part is twice on the Mandibles (medial).
If you have Bluestuff you can made it cheap for youself.

Hi Zorg,
not sure what kit you are referring to, as far as I know there was no 2001 reissue there was one in 2003 with the latest in 2011,all of which are the same kit some with extra new parts added.Ebay currently has a couple of well priced 20053 kits up for sale.

Thanks AB, whenever i see the tyrrell kit mentioned it always lists it as kit number 2001.(not the year)

What im finding is the kit but listed as 20053, i just wanted to check it had all the correct parts i needed. Im really really good at buying the wrong version of things.

Z

If you got these parts...then yes, you have the KGV parts (blue & green parts)

https://www.shapeways.com/product/94RMWKJ6Z/deago-greeble-set-1?optionId=61576116

View attachment 696274

I got these in from shapeways the other day. Very nicely done.

A word of caution when handling the FUD parts, the material is REALLY brittle. It fell out of my hand onto a kitchen worktop from maybe 6 inches and broke apart in all directions. Luckily i found the pieces. It was the sprues holding each part that had failed not the parts.

Kit 20053 has all the parts needed though if you are going to do the fronts of the mandibles I think you will need more than one kit. I know what you mean about kit numbers I got burned on the Tamiya Agano.As for shapeways parts I totally agree, they are way to brittle I'm left wondering if they will degrade over time. I bought the entire cockpit & nose cone but after so many little details broke off I've decided not to use them instead opting to go down the Paragrafix route.
Ktaylors reworking of the nose cone has shown me the way to go, he's done a brilliant job.

About the KGV parts, do you have a close up how they been attached ?
Thanks, Kuat.

There are some close up shots of where they used to be, its pretty easy to work out where they were attached from the glue and difference in colour.

Kuat- when I put mine on I found that the large rectangle piece hangs off the bottom of the mandible a bit, all the pics are pretty blurry of the original area before they broke off, so I'm not sure if the piece originally hung off the bottom or not. I trimmed mine so it fit, but wondering if I should have let it hang over the bottom edge now, I also removed the little triangle piece from the bottom of the part, which I feel I don't see in the original models ref pics. I can post a pic later tonight to show you what I mean if it's unclear.
Just FYI not sure if that helps you with your question.

Thanks Ktalor, i see there is space for interpretation.
And oh no... i lost one grebels from sdkfz 222... the 232 hasn't it or? Damm it's a sick to buy Modelkits...

Kuat are you only replaceing the missing pieces? If so I'd be interested to know which kits you have, I could buy them from you to help offset your cost and keep more kits in circulation. I need another 223 and KVG

The Part from the Tyrell is #6 from Sprue A, #9 is one of the exhaust pipes.
This sprue is used in all 1/20 Tamiya F1-kits with Ford Cosworth Engine.
Part #6 is not used i.E. in the Lotus 79 Kits (20060) from Tamiya.
10132079n.jpg
The parts 29 and 30 are used on the hulls - they are always silver, there is no blue-version used by Tamiya in any kit.

Last edited:
Kuat- Here is how I ended up applying the parts to the DeAgo sidewalls, after looking more at the DeAgo parts I see now that they are just a bit too low on the sidewalls and a little off in the shapes which is why this piece doesn't fit correctly. I'm going to replace most of the sidewall parts so I should be able to get more accurate spacing as I rebuild the pieces.

Here is an example of how they could go on as is, or the piece could not be trimmed to fit and just hang off the bottom as well..but it looks like that part fit flush with the bottom of the original prop so may not want to do that.. hope it helps some..

IMG_2143.JPG

Kris

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back