S.A.F.S. "SEAPIG" 1/20 - Maschinen Krieger (Ma.K.)

Sergiotron

Hi guys!
Here's my first try building a Ma.K. kit! I really like the design of these little fellas, so I'm thinking about buying more from this series.

I had to improvise a little because I was supposed to drill several holes myself to attach some accessories and just noticed at the end :( Fortunately it worked out
If you're curios about how there kits are put together, please check my step-by-step video here (360 degrees turntable view included!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spsvdgy9LBo

And here's how it looks with no paint, no polishing, no putty and no glue :p

IMG_6597forums.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
I really love these kits but never tried to put one together. I don't have the temperament to do them justice when painting lol.

I really love these kits but never tried to put one together. I don't have the temperament to do them justice when painting lol.

Lol, I actually find these heavy weathered models to be more friendly than others. I don't think I'll ever touch one of those awesome pristine car models!

For me "the dirtier, the better" :)

Yeah I remember being really heavy handed weathering starwars stuff back in the 90s but it always looked good to me considering it was done with a spray can. I have a high end ghost in the shell anime kit sitting here i got from my buddy and i'm terrified lol.

I'm a fan of this series (and author), but I haven't followed it closely in some years. I am delighted to see that they are still tooling new kits.

I've attempted a few of these, but only one I would consider completed (painted, decaled, mounted to base). Very crude by almost any standards, including my own, but I do like the fact that the models encourage customization & poseability. It was even more radical back in the 80's when they first came out.

Depending on how much you like the 'universe', there are plenty of art books and photo books, plus at least one modeling guide by Yokoyama-sensei himself.

Jason Eaton (Moff Eaton) here is a huge fan as well, an excellent modeler, and has even met sensei.

Here's a few of Jason's builds & scratch builds: http://www.mystery10.com/

-MJ

The original release from Nitto was 21 kits all in 1/20th scale except # 19 which was the 1/76th scale Nutrocker. Hasegawa has the line now and everything past # 21 is 'new' to me. There are also numerous resin SF3D/MaK kits as well.

Here is a fantastic wesite devoted to SF3D/Mak, http://www.q-net.net.au/~nipngnwm/index.html

Have fun !!

all original kits? Wow!!! I guess I'm the new generation type, collecting the most recent stuff. Still a ton of kits to get :)

Finally some progress! As this is my very first Ma.K. kit, I tried to replicate the paint scheme in the instructions as close as I could. I think I'm improving my skills :)
Tomorrow I'll upload a video of the process to my YouTube channel

IMG_8113%20800.jpg

Done! (Detailed video of the process coming soon)
I have a nice idea for the base, to take advantage of the LED installed

IMG_8264%201000.png

IMG_8262%201000.png

I made some mistakes but I'm pretty happy with the result. It was fun and I learned a lot :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back