My lightsabers & blasters thread (Compac Super Scope)

Re: My on going lightsabers and blasters thread (Luke V2 Parts)

Had a package arrive today. It's my Luke V2!!!!!

Not everything fit together perfectly or at all, I had to make a couple small adjustments. The pommel would not fit into the body, so it had to be sanded down to fit. I bought a collar that was recommended to me and it would not fit on to the inner rod, so I drilled it it out just a hair and now it fits nicely. The bearings did not fit in the hole at all, I know it's supposed to be a tight fit but It just wasn't going in. No big deal though since I have the collar, the emitter still spins freely with just the collar.

I'm still missing a clamp and clamp card, but they are ordered and paid for. Now I've got to figure out how to drill and tap the hole for the mystery chunk.

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

Keep the builds coming! The v2 is amazing, I was more excited about that coming in the mail than my Graflex's

Gotta love these V2's! I still haven't gotten around to finishing mine. My wife keeps looking at it and saying I shouldn't paint it because it looks so pretty...:rolleyes
Good luck on your build!

Gotta love these V2's! I still haven't gotten around to finishing mine. My wife keeps looking at it and saying I shouldn't paint it because it looks so pretty...:rolleyes
Good luck on your build!

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's very pretty in just it's raw form. I am going to paint and weather it. I'm going to pick up some oven cleaner and spray paint on my next trip to the store.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep the builds coming! The v2 is amazing, I was more excited about that coming in the mail than my Graflex's

I was never that big of a fan of the Luke's ROTJ lightsaber, but I am now. It's impressive and the detail and crispness of the parts is amazing.

So I got a package over the weekend but I've been pretty busy and haven't been able to post about it. It's just a Hand Schaub Webley... no big deal. This thing is sweet. I was not planning on building an EE3 because of the rarity and cost of just this part, but I had to pull the trigger seeing as it was such a good deal and probably one of the "last" of the Hand Schaub Webleys.

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

Re: My on going lightsabers and blasters thread (Hand Schaub Webley)

Nice purchase on the HS! By any chance will the Heiland tube fit in the HS? Your collection is really growing, I thought I was doing well but you actually put yours together. Keep em coming!

Nice purchase on the HS! By any chance will the Heiland tube fit in the HS? Your collection is really growing, I thought I was doing well but you actually put yours together. Keep em coming!

Thanks,

I'll check to see if the Heiland will fit in the HS tonight, I think it will. But it's a short barrel so really only appropriate to use it for the ROTJ version. I've got a line on a stock for it, I'll have to fabricate the barrel from scratch, I still need a scope and the side greeblies too.

I start a lot of projects but don't have everything to complete any of them right now, except for the Jedi training remote. I need to stop starting new projects and just get my hands on parts to complete a couple projects.

The Heiland fit with plenty of room, but the inside of the barrel is a bit rough so I was worried about scratching it up.

By the way if anyone has a spare MPP shroud (one or two step) or even a spare Heiland shroud (the one that looks similar to the MPP) let me know. I need one to finish my ANH Vader. I'm also trying to get my hands on a different end cap, I really don't like the one I have.

That's awesome it fit! I was thinking it would shrink too much during the casting. Which end cap are you looking for? A Heiland?

That's awesome it fit! I was thinking it would shrink too much during the casting. Which end cap are you looking for? A Heiland?

I would like to get my hands on the Heiland with the knurled edge like my ESB Vader saber. I'd settle for the one with the hexigon bottom but has the threading visible. The one I have but don't want is hexigonal but has the band over the threads. I saw you got a pretty good score the other day.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw this on the bay and went for it since it's used in so many things. I'll be able to use parts from it for my DL44's and my EE3 build. I need to stop spending money, this is getting bad, I have an addiction.

IMG_3189.jpg

It does become a problem. I just tell myself its therapy as an excuse to not feel horrible about the absurd amounts of money spent on what may seem like crap to most of the "normal" population.

It does become a problem. I just tell myself its therapy as an excuse to not feel horrible about the absurd amounts of money spent on what may seem like crap to most of the "normal" population.

I think therapy would be cheaper ha ha. I keep telling myself, don't buy parts for any new projects. But somebody will start a run of something awesome or I'll see a part that is a good deal, and then my bank account gets hit hard.

Im the same way, I have multiple M19 scopes, Graflex's, and a pretty big box full of Heilands and other brands of flashes. I've only been here 4 months, it all started wanting to build an ANH DL-44. It might be starting to become a problem, we had a server down the other day and while I was seeing what was wrong I cracked it open to see what the card edge connectors looked like to see if they would be a good fit for an ESB Luke. Checked the cage screws to see if they would be good fit for any of my builds. I figure it this way, anything I buy someone else would buy it from me pretty quickly, so if I ever get in trouble I can sell some of it. Like I planned to do when I bought it, but I'm becoming a hoarder.

Like I said, if you ever get in trouble you could always sell some, unless you buy weird stuff that no one wants. And at least you finish your builds, I'm in limbo right now waiting to see if I got a new job or not. I'll have to move if I get it so Im trying not to start anything too crazy.

Im the same way, I have multiple M19 scopes, Graflex's, and a pretty big box full of Heilands and other brands of flashes. I've only been here 4 months, it all started wanting to build an ANH DL-44. It might be starting to become a problem, we had a server down the other day and while I was seeing what was wrong I cracked it open to see what the card edge connectors looked like to see if they would be a good fit for an ESB Luke. Checked the cage screws to see if they would be good fit for any of my builds. I figure it this way, anything I buy someone else would buy it from me pretty quickly, so if I ever get in trouble I can sell some of it. Like I planned to do when I bought it, but I'm becoming a hoarder.

Like I said, if you ever get in trouble you could always sell some, unless you buy weird stuff that no one wants. And at least you finish your builds, I'm in limbo right now waiting to see if I got a new job or not. I'll have to move if I get it so Im trying not to start anything too crazy.

That's funny, I wanted to build a model of the Millennium Falcon and research led me here. I still haven't built that model yet, well at least not that falcon, I did build a different kit of the Falcon.

Another package arrived today. I needed this kit for the greebles that go on the side of the Webley.

IMG_3191.jpg

So it's been a while, I've just been waiting on parts to arrive so I could work on stuff, or at least that's my excuse. I went ahead and put the stencils on my Luke ROTJ V2 and painted it up, it all went pretty smoothly, but I unfortunately put one on upside down. Oh well. I was pretty apprehensive about drilling and tapping the hole, I've not done much metal work before. It went pretty well, I had some difficulties getting the pommel to stay clamped at the right angle. It's looking pretty good but I'm going to beat it up a bit more, dirty the crevices a bit, and add some very slight char/heat discoloration on the underside of the emitter. I'm still waiting on a clamp to finish it.

It's funny because I have a lot of part runs that I'm a part of that are about to ship, I feel like its a race or something.

IMG_3275.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back