Pep Dredd Helmet & Costume

TeenageVorta

Hey friends, I'm finally starting to work on a Judge costume and I started my first pepakura helmet this week! I've been planning on doing this costume forever so I'm really excited to start building stuff for it!

Blaxsmyth was kind enough to share his pep file with me and after a good six hours cutting and gluing paper it's done! I've never done pep before but I will say that it was really fun and surprisingly relaxing.

Anyhow, here's some photos of what I finished today.

tumblr_ny6wogn0O71qlvcl0o1_1280.jpg tumblr_ny6wogn0O71qlvcl0o2_1280.jpg
I haven't the slightest clue when I'll be able to work on it again but I'd like to buy the resin for it in the next month or so. That's the broke college student life. :rolleyes

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• tumblr_ny6wogn0O71qlvcl0o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ny6wogn0O71qlvcl0o4_1280.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Good job on your first pep. However if you don't mind some constructive criticism...

from looking at those pictures it looks like your paper is too thin. It has pushed in causing concave sections in some places. When you try to add the resin it is going to collapse (or get more misshapen) before the resin drys.

This Dredd helm was my first build as well, and I did EXACTLY the same thing. I restarted with stiffer stock paper.

I hope this helps, good luck with the build, and keep us updated with your progress.

paper too thin..??...maybe.

The best card stock is 200gsm...even with that....pep work is never perfect, that's why the need for bondo, rondo and 8 years of sanding...:lol

Don't over think it....resin it 5 times and then bondo...rondo the inside and you'll be good to go.

good luck and great work so far....many peeps think pep work is some kind of cheat....but it's easy access...NOT easy building.;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back