Good show. I had my doubts about James Franco in the lead role, but those doubts vanished after I watched the series. The guy who played Oswald is absolutely spot on. The ending made me shed (manly) tears. Highly recommended.

Also watched it recently. Anything that long will have a few wasted moments, and agree that Franco surpassed my expectations. Overall an 8.5 out of 10. Very well done and quite entertaining. If you're curious at all, try it.

I completely agree with the consensus on this one, it was a really good series, very well done. I like that it was a mini-series and not a regular series, it definitely benefited from having an set ending, it would have sucked if they had just used the book as a premise and made it a regular series.

This was such a fun show to watch and I like it for the same reasons as everyone else...Franco was at his best, Chris Cooper super and really gave it creedance and it was a fun mystery sci-fi show that was paced right and lasted one season which was perfect to tell the story. Loved it.

I'm enjoying it so far, good to hear it won't disappoint.

In ep2 did anyone else spot Frank, or is it even him outside the Dunnings?

ddf1.jpegddf2.jpeg

I started the first episode but had to stop for work. Now I have to restart it because the wife is interested. I like the idea for it though.

A little off topic but--So how long do you think we will have to wait before someone does a time traveling movie about going back and trying to stop 9/11?

Why? It's been done with Pearl Harbor, and God knows how many times its been done with JFK. Those were very real tragedies that affected a lot of people, also.

Is it just because our generation feels 9/11 is too personal to us? You know the 9/11 deal will be done at some point. I'm just wondering how long before it will happen.

Did notice some fun nods like the Donnie Darko one already mentioned, the REDRUM on the wall, and the typo YOUR(which should have been "you're") :p

Did anyone watch this?

I just finished the 2nd episode. Its excellent so far. Wish I had the time to marathon it.

Yep, just finished my marathon, watched all 8 episodes back to back. Funny, exciting, well worth the watch. Only negative I have to say about it, is the fact that I caught a glimps of it on TV, and watched a snippet of the end of an episode, Franco dancing with Sadie. Which turned out to be the very last moments of the whole mini-series. So I was spoiled a bit regarding the whole reset.

More quality TV like this please.

Watched the whole series over the holidays. The book is one of my all-time favorites.

I enjoyed the mini-series but didn't like the additional impact given to Bill only to have him commit suicide. I imagine they needed him to condense some of the work/time done/used by Jake in the book.

Overall, though, solid.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back