Pepakura - tape and resin question

Fk23

I started to build a mask by one of your forum members, Fierfek. It's the Darth Revan mask. It's coming out okay so far ,it's my first. It's not as neat as I'd like to have made it but that's my own novice problem.

What I have got a query on is that some of the tabs, mostly on the inside, I've fastened tight with sellotape, during the glue drying (I have been using an off-brand Pritt Stick). Is this going to cause issue during the resin stage? Should I remove it all before that stage.

Also what are the recommended resin and fibre materials to use once I get to that stage? I'm in the UK so the brands may be different here!

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe remove the tape so the resin can get to the tab on the inside and soak into instead of covering the tape in resin.

for materials,just look for "polyester resin" and "fiberglass mat" or "fiberglass cloth" any brand will do.

Thanks, I'll strip away the tape once the whole mask has been made up and try not to use any more in the meantime. I think I was just being impatient!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back