Pulse rifle (beta) - royal armouries

ArmourDisplays

Hi

Just in case anyone missed it this weekend, the Royal Armouries has purchased the screen used Pulse Rifle from Aliens and Alien 3 (Beta).
Used to have a working Thompson mechanism, but has since been deactivated.

We had it out on display for the weekend, it's now back in our conservation department with a view to displaying it in the future.

IMG_6698.JPG
IMG_6700.JPG
IMG_6701.JPG
IMG_6702.JPG
IMG_6703.JPG

Last edited:
Now that is one collectors piece...I would like to hold . I see they repainted it again , I suppose to cover up the black paint....amazing prop for sure. Thanks for sharing this

Yeah, Bapty re-painted it prior to its original sale (as a museum we would have left it as-is). The black Alien 3 paint is still underneath.
It was what inspired me from the Aliens movie to build my hero version ...and will inspire me to begin building my 2nd one....this is truly an Icon of history...and will be remembered for future generations to come. The most amazing build for a prop , that I have ever known and seen.

The black paint underneath....I am really surprised they never removed the black paint before they repainted it....since they knew they were going to restore it back to the Aliens movie version...shocking they even repainted it....either way...wish I had that thing.....lol

I got to shoot one of the screen-used ones once (with blanks, it still had the M1A1 in the housing used in the film) not long after the film was made, and one of the greatest mistakes I ever made was not having any more film for my camera in those pre-digital days. I also made no notes as it never occurred to me later I'd like to know which one it was.
So every time I see something about a screen-used pulse rifle, I always wonder if it's the one I fired.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back