The Y-Wing "Green Leader" Project - NOW OPEN SOURCE!

No, DZL-32 is a "low solids" primer designed to be used as a final primer for auto body work. You can wet sand it but it really will only fill in very fine scratches. The 3D printed main fuselage parts were primed and wet sanded before assembly using Rustoleum rattle can Primer Filler, which is a high solids primer to fill texture.

Re: The Y-Wing "Green Leader" Project - NOW OPEN SOURCE!

Wow, what a fantastic build. This is really awesome!

I've finally started (well I started some time ago but only now have something to show :) )
Still very early days but now the fun begins!
17358945_10155224349903530_8714266831931932451_o.jpg17359250_10155224349763530_769499515657320220_o.jpg17359465_10155224349788530_9038843525822282598_o.jpg

Lee - It looks like you're off to a great start. Always fun to see another Y come together! If you don't mind I'd like to suggest that you start your own separate build thread. I'm afraid with the length of this one it will be difficult for people to find individual builds if they are all jumbled here. I will add a link to your thread to the One Stop Y Wing Sticky.

Hi,

Do you know if there are any license issues with Disney if you would make resin kits of this beautiful model?

Thank you!

Mark

there are others making resin kits, Steve Nicen for one. I stay away from it for exactly that reason

Last edited:
There would be licensing issues, also if one was to take what Dave has done and make a kit out of it without his permission that would be really low.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was thinking about. I do not understand why these kits (Star Destroyers, Y-Wings etc.) are still sold without any trouble.
In the meantime I have asked Disney about this issue and they say you need a license for offering resin kits.
I wanted to make a Snowspeeder kit myself but I can forget about it now. It seems to be just luck when you do not get into trouble with Disney. And you never know when Disney decides to want money for everything you have sold so far...

You can totally make a Snowspeeder, just make it for yourself. I think most of the kitmakers would agree that its not really a path to riches anyway. ;-)

Thank you! This is exactly what I was thinking about. I do not understand why these kits (Star Destroyers, Y-Wings etc.) are still sold without any trouble.
In the meantime I have asked Disney about this issue and they say you need a license for offering resin kits.
I wanted to make a Snowspeeder kit myself but I can forget about it now. It seems to be just luck when you do not get into trouble with Disney. And you never know when Disney decides to want money for everything you have sold so far...

Thank you! I also think that this y-wing project does not cause any license problems. I wanted to know what happens if you would make a kit of it and sell it. But this seems to be clear now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back