The Y-Wing "Green Leader" Project - NOW OPEN SOURCE!

outstanding job Dave , i have been away from this forum for a while now , i am still in time to order the parts for this project , or i , again , lost my opportunity :(

Dave, do you have a version of the forward fuselage without the recessed panel lines? Figured it would be easier to build the panels manually for those of us equipped with only a humble FDM-printer. :) If not, does anyone else have any experience on this matter?

Have been converting the front to make it FDM friendly, I could zap all the recess panel lines, but they look like they will print pretty good at 0.1mm or less layers, 0.06mm looks well resolved. I have experimented will much small panel lines for my Firefox model and they work. Might depend on your printers Z precision though.

Hammer3246 contacted me about a small unknown greeblie part, so I built it. Scale is near perfect as it sits next to the Sealab part 27 which Matruska modelled.

Y-wing unknown part.jpg
Y-wing rear section top view part highlight.jpg

Y-wing modified part on left, original on right, there is also one like the Y-part but with the 4 bumps on in the zip file. Position marked in the pic in red Sealab part in orange.

For anyone getting these printed the correct size is 15.5mm measured long edge (left to right in the highlighted pic).

View attachment Y-wing unknown part.zip

Last edited:
And now for something completely different... every year a group of us where I work get together for a holiday ornament exchange. There are ten of us and each person makes ten copies of an ornament, one for each member of the group. It's an amazing, talented group of people and the ornaments are always over the top!

My ornaments this year were inspired by all the kit part details I've been going through on the Y-wing Project. A styrene clad acrylic star was encrusted with parts from the same model kits used on the original models. I'll bet this is the first Christmas ornament ever with a Parts Map!

Happy Holidays!

2016%20Ornament_zpsgdoa8ecp.jpg

2016%20Ornament%20Parts%20Map_zpskghgcf4f.jpg

Love the rings for the vanes!..and the ornament is the bomb (why didn't I think of that) Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family Dave:)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back