Pepakura Republic Commando Build

conord

Hey all, how's it going?

As a fan of Star Wars one armor that has always looked great to me is, as the title probably makes obvious, the Republic Commando armor. I'm reasonably experienced with pepakura, bondo-ing, and resin so this build will hopefully go smoothly. I'm starting with the bicep, and I'll post pictures probably before the day is out.
4728335-republic_commando_by_angryrabbitgmod-d7eco3g.jpg
I'll likely be trying to go for a set of Scorch armor (the orange one in the middle).

By the way, the files aren't mine, and I'm not sure who made them but they seem reasonably accurate. If anyone wants them I can PM/email them.

Done
1xBicep
1xHandplate

In Progress
1xForearm

To Do
2xThigh
2xShin
Chest
Helmet
1xForearm/handplate
Pelvis
2xShoulder

Have a good one!
-conord

(This'll be my very first build thread, so please excuse any newbiness)

4728335-republic_commando_by_angryrabbitgmod-d7eco3g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finished the first bicep, and I'm going to probably start the chest/other bicep next. The standard scale seems spot on luckily! I'll post another update when I finish the next piece (should be in the next 2 or so days). Also, I found a good picture of the action figure Huckleberry mentioned. This seems like it'll be great for getting the details to add to the armor. Thanks for the suggestion by the way!
bicep.jpg TSC021scorchloose.jpg Scorch3-4FrontLeft_small.jpg

-conord

Last edited:
S̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶i̶z̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶p̶a̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶l̶b̶o̶w̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶/̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶r̶e̶c̶i̶a̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶.̶ ̶

EDIT: Found the backpack here ( https://www.propakura.com/file/republic-commando-backpack/ ). Still looking for the elbows/abs.

Thanks in advance

-conord

Last edited:
Just finished my bottle of superglue 3/4 of the way through the forearm, so I'll put up some pictures when I get some glue (probably tomorrow)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back