Re: BATMAN vs SUPERMAN DOJ by UD Replicas. New Teaser Added Feb 8th

Where Form and Function Own the Night.
Welcome to a World Where METAL Rules.

12669503_10156492960100076_3385157865844478570_n.jpg

New Batman, New Accessories.
Time to mix things up a bit. ;)

David

Re: BATMAN vs SUPERMAN DOJ by UD Replicas. New Teaser Added Feb 9th

That is absolutely amazing! I assume it will be painted? Love the metal. :)

Now I am a huge fan of your companies work, so please don't take this the wrong way.. But I notice the middle square looks a little off center? Is that intentional?

That is absolutely amazing! I assume it will be painted? Love the metal. :)

Now I am a huge fan of your companies work, so please don't take this the wrong way.. But I notice the middle square looks a little off center? Is that intentional?

Thanks bud and yes it'll be painted. Just finished the leather pouches and if in fact the center rectangle is off center, no problem we'll correct it. :)

David.

Awesome.

Super pumped for this! Going to be perfect for my Knightmare batman...

Which, by the way, please please please tell me you'll be doing the coat? Love your Bane coat, sure you guys could nail the Knightmare coat too.

Last edited:

At least now we know why Alfred insisted on the bronze-ish finish...too many finger prints on the stainless steel otherwise. ;)

12717195_10156496762235076_1658854198718911973_n.jpg

David

Are my eyes playing tricks or are we getting separate arms? Would be absolutely perfect for the Knightmare look if they are separate, and it looks damn good as one piece!

I can't wait to see the full shoot, looks beautiful so far!

Are my eyes playing tricks or are we getting separate arms? Would be absolutely perfect for the Knightmare look if they are separate, and it looks damn good as one piece!

I can't wait to see the full shoot, looks beautiful so far!

Not at all. You're seeing it right bud. :thumbsup
Basically this functions a lot like the accurate Darth Vader 3 piece leather suits. Essentially it's a jacket with zipper in front, and of course those detailed arms as part of it...with a plain front, and then a Vest which zips up in the back. That vest features all the details as shown. That way there's nothing obstructing or cutting into the front details or design.

The best part is that you get full range of arm motion because the sleeves are independent from the torso. With this technique, the bottom of the jacket wont pull out from behind the Utility Belt when you move your arms....which is always a bonus too.

Ultimately as innovative as this is, it really was a 'back to basics' in concept and engineering where that part is concerned...but there's absolutely nothing basic about this entire design.
Thanks for the kind words again bud, always appreciate feedback and questions. :cheers

David

Not at all. You're seeing it right bud. :thumbsup
Basically this functions a lot like the accurate Darth Vader 3 piece leather suits. Essentially it's a jacket with zipper in front, and of course those detailed arms as part of it...with a plain front, and then a Vest which zips up in the back. That vest features all the details as shown. That way there's nothing obstructing or cutting into the front details or design.

The best part is that you get full range of arm motion because the sleeves are independent from the torso. With this technique, the bottom of the jacket wont pull out from behind the Utility Belt when you move your arms....which is always a bonus too.

Ultimately as innovative as this is, it really was a 'back to basics' in concept and engineering where that part is concerned...but there's absolutely nothing basic about this entire design.
Thanks for the kind words again bud, always appreciate feedback and questions. :cheers

David
Very clever David. I'm occasionally worried about my belt flying off due to movement, this will take away a lot of fear!

Re: BATMAN vs SUPERMAN DOJ by UD Replicas. New Teaser Added Feb 10th

David,

As a fan of the products you put out, I just have a question for you out of curiosity. Have you considered putting out similar products that aren't so much motorcycle/outdoor wear? Thinner materials, maybe not even leather? I get that is likely the specialty of your company, but from my observations people buy these things and modify them as they are glorified cosplay costumes. That isn't a dig, but in fact a testament to how well made your products are. I always wonder if these things were slightly more accurate and affordable (non leather), you'd be making at least double your profit margins. Perhaps I know nothing and maybe your license is even based on the fact these aren't costumes per say, but based on the people that I see buy these, I've wondered...

thanks.

David,

As a fan of the products you put out, I just have a question for you out of curiosity. Have you considered putting out similar products that aren't so much motorcycle/outdoor wear? Thinner materials, maybe not even leather? I get that is likely the specialty of your company, but from my observations people buy these things and modify them as they are glorified cosplay costumes. That isn't a dig, but in fact a testament to how well made your products are. I always wonder if these things were slightly more accurate and affordable (non leather), you'd be making at least double your profit margins. Perhaps I know nothing and maybe your license is even based on the fact these aren't costumes per say, but based on the people that I see buy these, I've wondered...

thanks.

Valid questions, and thanks for asking. The reality is we're licensed by Warner Bros. for leather outerwear. What you're proposing is more in line with costuming, not what our company in this case is licensed for. We do have a KISS costume license though, www.KISSreplicas.com. ;)
Still it's always flattering to see people adapt and modify our clothing into full costumes. We certainly work hard at the replica nature of our goods but they are classified as outerwear, leather outerwear even more to the point....but this time we did something rather unique which allowed for the visual outlook to remain faithful to the screen used suit...all the while remaining a functioning performance leather article.
Besides, with the armor being removable...these goods do become multi purpose but they remain leather garments.

Again, great question bud and important to address from time to time. Cheers. :)

David

Ooo questions for David, me me! (raises hand up)

With being an official licence holder, do you get to see actual used suits to refer to or are you sent gfx etc from WB? Just out of interest wondered how it works!

Ooo questions for David, me me! (raises hand up)

With being an official licence holder, do you get to see actual used suits to refer to or are you sent gfx etc from WB? Just out of interest wondered how it works!

"You Sir, over there. That smart looking young man with the obvious intelligent question to ask."
;)

It's actually both and let me address this across the board from WB/DC to Disney, Hasbro, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Microsoft, KISS and all the other licensors we've worked with in the past (or currently).
There's a very strong and elaborate asset data base to which important assets and visuals are obtained, but of course the access to the actual physical product used on film is also extremely valuable and telling for a company like ours that specializes in our own unique kind of product replica.

In some cases we'll even be sent material swatches, bindings used, accessories used and various key elements to help us in turn replicate our own versions. What's important to note is the overall collaborative support involved here. With Disney, when we shot our Tron Legacy leathers Disney went as far as to fly out the screen used Rinzler helmet for us so that we could use it with our suits for the product images....and they didn't just ship it to us, they put a person on a plane and treated it as their own carry on and brought it straight to our studio in Canada for the photoshoot.
That's just one of many examples of how this collaboration works and in the end the ones who benefit the most are the buyers of said product because they know that they're getting something that wasn't just improvised and 'sorta kinda' guessed at...but rather something worked from, referenced from or even straight out of the same molds.

Case in point, we've been known to purchase actual costume patterns and armor where possible. As was the case with our GI JOE SNAKE EYES and Stormshadow replicas, among others. Both of those patterns and armor came straight from the studios. Same with KISS' costumes. Again, working directly with their own costume maker/designer we were able to work from actual stage costume patterns and armor....which is why I love my job so much. I'm as much a fan of these characters and franchises as anyone else so to be able to work in this environment is honestly a blessing as far as I'm concerned....but you have to separate your inner geek from the reality of the business side of things or it all comes crashing down.

I've said it in the past that this is without a doubt a collaboration or even a partnership between ourselves and the various licensors.

David

"You Sir, over there. That smart looking young man with the obvious intelligent question to ask."
;)

It's actually both and let me address this across the board from WB/DC to Disney, Hasbro, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Microsoft, KISS and all the other licensors we've worked with in the past (or currently).
There's a very strong and elaborate asset data base to which important assets and visuals are obtained, but of course the access to the actual physical product used on film is also extremely valuable and telling for a company like ours that specializes in our own unique kind of product replica.

In some cases we'll even be sent material swatches, bindings used, accessories used and various key elements to help us in turn replicate our own versions. What's important to note is the overall collaborative support involved here. With Disney, when we shot our Tron Legacy leathers Disney went as far as to fly out the screen used Rinzler helmet for us so that we could use it with our suits for the product images....and they didn't just ship it to us, they put a person on a plane and treated it as their own carry on and brought it straight to our studio in Canada for the photoshoot.
That's just one of many examples of how this collaboration works and in the end the ones who benefit the most are the buyers of said product because they know that they're getting something that wasn't just improvised and 'sorta kinda' guessed at...but rather something worked from, referenced from or even straight out of the same molds.

Case in point, we've been known to purchase actual costume patterns and armor where possible. As was the case with our GI JOE SNAKE EYES and Stormshadow replicas, among others. Both of those patterns and armor came straight from the studios. Same with KISS' costumes. Again, working directly with their own costume maker/designer we were able to work from actual stage costume patterns and armor....which is why I love my job so much. I'm as much a fan of these characters and franchises as anyone else so to be able to work in this environment is honestly a blessing as far as I'm concerned....but you have to separate your inner geek from the reality of the business side of things or it all comes crashing down.

I've said it in the past that this is without a doubt a collaboration or even a partnership between ourselves and the various licensors.

David
Thanks David, that's a great insight into how it all works from your end. Its certainly opened my eyes up a bit!

Valid questions, and thanks for asking. The reality is we're licensed by Warner Bros. for leather outerwear. What you're proposing is more in line with costuming, not what our company in this case is licensed for. We do have a KISS costume license though, www.KISSreplicas.com. ;)
Still it's always flattering to see people adapt and modify our clothing into full costumes. We certainly work hard at the replica nature of our goods but they are classified as outerwear, leather outerwear even more to the point....but this time we did something rather unique which allowed for the visual outlook to remain faithful to the screen used suit...all the while remaining a functioning performance leather article.
Besides, with the armor being removable...these goods do become multi purpose but they remain leather garments.

Again, great question bud and important to address from time to time. Cheers. :)

David

Thanks for the response! Good to know all around. Keep us the good work. Still looking forward to that Reverse Flash :)

Thanks for the response! Good to know all around. Keep us the good work. Still looking forward to that Reverse Flash :)

I don't know that we'll have the Reverse Flash done for Wondercon next month but we are trying for The Flash Replica....may or may not be able to finish it for this up coming show and if not then shortly after for sure...but for SDCC absolutely all three of them. The Flash, Reverse Flash and Zoom.
Maybe some others too. ;)

David

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back