Insane Lego Star Destroyer

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
http://lego.gizmodo.com/the-biggest-most-accurate-lego-imperial-star-destroyer-1585399306

azylqzixwjd1jzyoh3cu.jpg

f5h9gjm15zduzldbg4eg.jpg

oyueigsx7mdtv0jqlmas.jpg

plbdg5kyjfexdwauqtod.jpg

Is this considered a "collectible"? It's more an art piece then something you can go out and buy...

I've always wondered, on something like this, when being built, do you glue the pieces down, or just hope you don't drop/break/shatter it?

That is just pure awesome! I hope it is all glued, otherwise there is going to be some serious "Lego Sag" in a few months! :p

At one point there was actually a set, And I'm not talking about mini figure scale or the 100 dollar ones that I bought back in 2002, An actually 3-4 foot huge model almost as detailed as this one. it was really expensive then like $500 in its day, and is worth over $2,000 now on ebay. Look it up ;)

Also this one is a beast !!!

At one point there was actually a set, And I'm not talking about mini figure scale or the 100 dollar ones that I bought back in 2002, An actually 3-4 foot huge model almost as detailed as this one. it was really expensive then like $500 in its day, and is worth over $2,000 now on ebay. Look it up ;)

Also this one is a beast !!!

I think the set you are referring to is the 10030 UCS Star Destroyer from 2002, which was $300 and 37 inches long. It's only half as long as this one which is 79 inches. But you're right about them being expensive now! :wacko

I think the set you are referring to is the 10030 UCS Star Destroyer from 2002, which was $300 and 37 inches long. It's only half as long as this one which is 79 inches. But you're right about them being expensive now! :wacko

Yeah, Most people don't know this, But buying and keeping mint boxed lego sets for a few years is a great investment, I mean they can double, triple , even quadroople the value the Tag Mahal set from 2008 sold for over 400 and now is worth 5,000 in the box, its weird but people pay the money

Some guy in Europe a few years ago thought it would be a good idea to not glue his 7 foot lego helicopter for a museum exhibit, A few weeks later it was in a million pieces scattered across the exhibit floor. I dont like the idea of gluing legos, but sometimes its for the better ( and structural integrity )

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back