Newt Scamander in Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them

Unfortunately very little.

DSCN3741.JPG

And I assume there's glass or an extremely strict no-touching policy? How close do they let you get if you don't touch things?

No glass, STRICTLY no touching. Though they let me get my face RIGHT into the fabrics. The tweed coat fabric is absolutely GORGEOUS. But there was a guard hawking the costume the entire time.

No glass, STRICTLY no touching. Though they let me get my face RIGHT into the fabrics. The tweed coat fabric is absolutely GORGEOUS. But there was a guard hawking the costume the entire time.

I'm wondering if I could have a small led light and shine it up the trouser leg to see the part of the boot I'm after...

I'll try and get a shot when I get in, but it does specify some of the fabric providers (Sorry, really should have included this originally!

Supplier Misan
Trousers
Main Outer Garment
Ref/code: p71389, Lavender

Supplier Bernstein & Banley
Trousers
Half Lining
Ref/code: 530, Shade: 1694

Supplier Georg Auzinger
Waistcoat
Front panels
50% linen, 50% boiled wool

Two of which are british fabric providers. Misan are located in London, Soho, Bernstein and Banely are in Southend-on-Sea - Georg Auzinger however is an Austrian textile provider

Missing some things like stitching details, here's a workup of the boots as I understand them (and am showing to manufacturers).

Boot Outline Color small.jpg

And how I'm guessing the buckles/straps attach.

Boot Strap Outline.jpg

I still don't really know what the heck those things on the back of the boot are, but I'm going with "strips of leather between hardware studs" for now.

Also - forgive the double post - I've been keeping my eyes peeled for boots that were "close enough" for my wee budget and landed on these guys for 15 dollars via eBay. The laces are getting swapped, but they're real leather and are taking Fiebings oil dye in "tan" really nicely. They're by Report.

m_57433be4c28456816600242e.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back