Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

How are you watching Star Trek: Discovery?

• Signed up for CBS All Access before watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Signed up for CBS All Access after watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Not signing up, but will watch if it's available for free

Votes: 82 57.3%
  • On Netflix (Non-US viewer)

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
I know it sounds misguided... but the fact that they are not just "rolling out with what we have" actually fills me with faith that we are going to see a very good series.

Have faith my friends. Have faith...

the comments by les moonves about 'sexing it up' are all i need to know about how successful this is going to be.

i can still say things about a MALE CEO without pissing people off, right? :eek:)

When I first heard that they planned to put the new Star Trek on All Access that was what I thought was going to happen along with all the violence they wanted. I'm expecting to see something like Game of Thrones in outer space.

When I first heard that they planned to put the new Star Trek on All Access that was what I thought was going to happen along with all the violence they wanted. I'm expecting to see something like Game of Thrones in outer space.

based o nthe fact that all reboots tend to suck, cause they either change too much, or don't find the right mixture of honoring what is old while bringing in new stuff to keep it from feeling pointless....

yeah, not hope for this one. I'll be shocked if it even sees the light of day at this point. could be the xanadu of star trek (NJ Shopping mall that never opened)

Can't say I disagree. I am not the least bit excited to see this, if/when it ever is released. I certainly won't be paying to see it either. Most people I talk with, like me hope it fails miserably and someone (Disney) buys and actually makes something worth waiting for/seeing.

The way Star Trek has been handled is a case study in what to do to trash a legacy and turn fans away.

you KNOW a series is doomed to fail, when even a SJW like site like io9, that promoted ghostbusters like it was the best thing since sliced bread IIRC, starts trashing you and telling the truth about why you are failing.

yep. this series is doomed.

At this point I think more people will tune in to watch the premiere episode (assuming they're still planning to broadcast it on CBS' network stations) just to see how much of a train wreck it is. This could very well become the Star Trek equivalent of the Star Wars Holiday Special.

i could have SWORN i posted a commentary on something, but not sure if it got deleted or not. don't want to repost it if it did get deleted fast ;o)....but i found it funny :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back