Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

How are you watching Star Trek: Discovery?

• Signed up for CBS All Access before watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Signed up for CBS All Access after watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Not signing up, but will watch if it's available for free

Votes: 82 57.3%
  • On Netflix (Non-US viewer)

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
Absolutely nothing I have read about this makes me excited, nor entices me to pay for a subscription service just for this show. In the right hands, a new Star Trek series should be gold. Shame it is treated so poorly.

I did not think it was possible to be more disappointed about how the series was being treated then when I went to Star Trek Mission New York this past year. What a complete waste of the Jacob Javitts Center. Hardly anything there, and talk about zero excitement for the property of Star Trek. Still can't shake the bad taste that hole experience left in my mouth.

face it. no one cares anymore. if this doesn't work, they will probably bury it for a decade or more until the old audience passes or moves on.

Me too, one of those Actors who can look totally different in every role. Besides being Lucious Malfoy and the baddie in The Patriot, he was also the Weaselly Colonel in "Soldier" With Kurt Russell. Be interesting to see him play a good guy for a change.

Me too, one of those Actors who can look totally different in every role. Besides being Lucious Malfoy and the baddie in The Patriot, he was also the Weaselly Colonel in "Soldier" With Kurt Russell. Be interesting to see him play a good guy for a change.

Modern TV series don't have good or bad guys, just something in between. Let's wait and see! :D

I don't really know this guy but what I'm hearing is mostly plays villians,,this might fit that theory someone was talking about where the Captain is actually more a villain
or at least misdirected.

So no warm fuzzies for me about it from me, am I seeing the SJW set up already?
Female minority Number One is on board with Captain White Guy Meany methods until she starts to awaken
and questions and eventually rebels? All for the greater good of course.

yeah yeah flame suit on but given some of the comments by the creative team I think I'm justified to take that guess.

Last edited:
Wait, a starship needs a "space fungus expert " , :)

This comment reminded me of a Bruce Sterling book in which the spaceships had moss for carpeting and lichen on the walls and ceiling so the ship could produce it's own oxygen without mechanical life-support systems.

Why are we beating Star Trek to death when there's authors like Bruce Sterling and Peter F. Hamilton that have brought so much AMAZING and game-changing new stuff to the science fiction table that would blow people's minds? Does Hollywood live in a weird parallel universe where books don't exist, only old TV shows?

Yea there is a ton of stuff out there they could build on. Unfortunately they always seem to frak it up. Look at what they're doing to the Dark Tower, one of my favorites. Hollyweird is so entrenched in the SJW movement, they have to remold everything they touch. Even though people are voting with their wallets, that they hate this stuff, they just keep regurgitating it back up. I don't think we will ever see directors like Lucas and Spielberg again. Hell, Lucas and Spielberg aren't Lucas and Spielberg anymore. Like I always say, thank God for DVD's and Blurays. I always have hope for the future, but I've been continuously disappointed. I'd rather wait and see most of this drivel for free. It's not worth more than that usually. Sometimes afterward I feel like they should have to pay me for my time ;-) Oh well Star Wars was a surprise in 77, maybe we'll get another one, before I die, LOL .

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

huuuuu

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

oh, and les moonves is an idiot.

i guess we can pretty much confirm that mess at the lunch table WHERE klingons now.

why is it NO ONE has caught on that if you mess with older propeties, it's going to turn into a disaster and NO ONE will like it?
it's really simple. don't change what WORKS

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends who were working on the show confirm that the rumors in that video are all true, though with a twist. The blame has been swapped, because the source of the info leak is connected to Fuller.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, confirmed that the aliens in the leaked photo are the new klingons.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back